Thanks for Not Giving

It was the day before Thanksgiving everyone already left for the holiday celebration. A person walks in and calls out Leati's name. He looks up and its his exfiance (Book 1).
For a minute Leati was puzzled and stunned. He vowed to never wanting to see her again but seeing her made something in him flutter. Now never doubt Iordyn is the one he loves and the one for him.
Ex-fiance, "Gonna hug me?"
Leati, "What are you doing here?"
Ex-fiance, "I thought this was for viewing because it's so beautiful from the outside. You work here?"
Leati, "My girlfriend owns it?"
Ex-fiance, "Girlfriend? Wow, no new fiance or wife? What's taking so long? Is she the gold digger type?"
Leati smirks, "Don't piss me off. She's far from that. Now if that's it, you can leave."
Ex-fiance, "Well hopefully I'll see more of you since I'm back in town. Last time you told me to drop dead. And just to let you know I don't hold anything against you and I know it was a lot at the time."
She leaves and Leati wraps up things and head home.

It was bedtime and Jordyn ask about to Studio and he said the usual happened with the same usual people. Jordyn rolled over turning off the lights ready to see her man tomorrow.

The next day at 4:00AM Jordyn heads to the store picking up more food for Thanksgiving learning more of her family and his family was coming down. She informed Leati about the change of plans. Of course they were both excited to see family but Leati tells her to get dressed in the clothes she's going to wear to Thanksgiving dinner so he can approve of it.

The first people to arrive is Jon, Jey, Ata and Leati's mother Patricia (Lisa).
Lisa, "Where's my Jordyn?"
Jordyn, "Behind you."
They hugged and went to start their own conversation. Jordyn was special. The first woman she ever approved up when it came to Leati. His fiance was okay but wasn't ready for a man like Leati.
Lisa, "You look cozy."
Jordyn, "Well you know your son. This wasnt my original outfit."

Lisa shakes her head and taking Jordyn's hands into her's, "Thank you for loving my son regardless

Lisa shakes her head and taking Jordyn's hands into her's, "Thank you for loving my son regardless."
Jordyn, "It's been a pleasure. I love him unconditionally. Everyone needs that." Lisa gives Jordyn a huge hug and rejoins the rest of the family. Lisa goes and stand by her son rubbing his back.
Leati wraps his arm around his momma, "What is it?"
Lisa, "Seeing you smile and happy and finally with a woman that nourish you." Leati and his momma laughs as the rest of the family mingle. Leati looks up seeing Joshua standing beside Jordyn and them talking about something that had Jordyn's interest and had her smiling. Leati despised that and excused himself from his mother.
Leati interrupts wrapping his arms around Jordyn's waist, "What's so funny?"
Jey, "Nothing. Just talking to J about one of my artist in the studio---
Leati, "Don't call her that. I call her J, not you or anyone else. And on top of that how would she know what you do for a living?"
Jey, "I told her one day----
Leati, "And when the fuck was this?"
Jordyn, "Babe. Calm down. It's okay. It was a simple five minute conversation. I asked him about food for Thanksgiving and I was trying to kill waiting for you."
Leati, "You don't ever have to wait for me. You can pick up the phone and call me and I'm wherever you are. You don't have to talk to extra people."
Jey, "Uce we family. What you mean---
Leati, "Jordyn is my family. Not yours."
Jey, "Mad because she smiles when she talks to me."
Leati grabs the knife off the dining table putting it to Jey's throat, "FUCK YOU!"
Jordyn was so fearful and got in between them making Leati remove the knife from Jey's throat. Leati pulls the knife away then quickly lashes Jey across the arm making Jey gall down holding his arm in pain.
Thank GOD the families were occupied and they were situated in a cut of the dining room in a separate room.
Jordyn pulls Leati into his bedroom.
Jordyn, "You can't do that!"
Leati kisses Jordyn hard, "You are mine!"
Jordyn, "I know and nothing would ever happen with no other man. I promise."

Jordyn brings Jey a long sleeve shirt and peroxide with a big bandage.
Leati, "He can apply and put the shit on himself."

Dinner Time
Prayer done went forth and everyone started eating dinner as the conversation starts flowing. There is a knock at the door which was his aunt Lynn. Lynn, "Look who I found at the store." In walks Noemi, Leati's ex-fiance. Jordyn looks at Leati puzzled.
Noemi, "Leati, this home is so nice. The studio must been closed today. Oh and thanks for coffee this morning." Jordyn does Leati's eye raise.
Jon, "Oh shit."
Noemi, "So, how have everyone been doing? It's really nice in here."
Lisa, "Yes. JORDYN decorated. Question is what are you doing here? You and my son aren't together and this is a family matter."
Noemi, "Well if they're not married---
Leati tried to grab Jordyn hand but she moves it.
Jordyn, "What do you know abour marriage you didn't make down the alter. Listen here Nemo---
Noemi, "Noemi."
Jordyn, "Listen here Monica Lewinsky you can take your ass back out the same door you came in. Onyx."
Onyx remove Noemi and Jordyn dismisses herself as the dinner comes to an end 30 minutes later. Everyone dismisses themselves and Leati joins Jordyn on the couch.
Leati, "What's wrong?"
Jordyn, "Why did you omit about her coming into my studio? Then she had the nerve to show up."
Leati, "What's the big deal? She doesn't mean a damn thing and her little visit didn't mean shit to me either."
Jordyn, "Because we've been here  before. Or did you forget?"
Leati, "You insecure?"
Jordyn, "Nigga--- insecure? I still remained secure when your ass decided you wanted to screw everything moving, get on prescription drugs and almost liquidate everything I brung to your empire and basically relaunched your career. And you call me insecure?"
Leati reaches out to grab her, "J--
Jordyn, "No don't touch me. Tell her Shenanah looking ass to get your SONY deal international. AND THANKS FOR NOT GIVING A FUCK!"
Jordyn slammed the door, leaving.
Leati knows the next thing he say or do can take things from bad to worse. They have dealt with his women pimping and what it almost cost them especially Jordyn. So many times her life and safety was on the line because women he have dealt with wanting something from him so they targeted her.