6

san used what strength she still had to pull herself up the rocks, holding onto lord okkoto's tusk

san used what strength she still had to pull herself up the rocks, holding onto lord okkoto's tusk. scratches on her knees burned from the stinging feeling of her movement. her wolf lead the three, fur soaked red with boar blood. okkoto's blood splattered onto the stone below, his wounds leaking. "we're almost at the pool of the forest spirit. just a little farther, keep going,"

 san's eyes flicked around the forest, her forehead wrinkled with concern. why wasn't [name] behind her? she tried her best to calm her worries, maybe her little sister had just gone the other way. she sighed, fighting her tiredness. the wolf pup halted, head snapping to the side. san followed, glancing around and grabbing her spear tighter. 

 okkoto's hoof slipped, san yelping and using both hands to try shove his weight back up. the god's head crashed against the rocks, blood spraying onto tree trunks and san was sent flying backwards. 

she rolled, her back smacking into a boulder. she tensed in pain, biting her lip before looking up. "what was that?" san ran low to the forest floor, hopping back over to the injured deity. "lord okkoto, something's wrong. we have to keep moving," she placed her palm against his cheek, the wolf making its way to her side. 

 "something's out there,"

 "what? with so much blood in the air, i can't smell it," the two stared forward, san squinting her eyes to see the darker parts of the forest. she gasped as sticks fell from the trees above, collapsing onto the three. "i should've known it was you!"

 "you did this!" the apes sat in the trees, glaring down at them. "because of you, the forest will die,"

 "you're wrong! we've all been fighting to save it, this is the thanks you give us?!" she swiped her hand to smack a twig away from her face. 

 "you bring bad things!" 

 "bad things coming, neither human nor animal,"

 "what do you mean 'neither human nor animal'?!" mice began to jump out of holes in the ground, scurrying across the forest floor with small squeaks. 

 "they're coming! it's the end for us!" the apes swiftly clambered over the trees, climbing further away in a panic. san gasped, looking down at the rodents that raced over her feet. the wolf beside her growled, the princess following it's eyes. 

lifeless looking boars rose, humans in their skin. san tensed, leaning forward.

"they're warriors," okkoto's snout flexed at her words, staggering up. 

"they've come back. my warriors! they've come back to me from the land of the dead," he called out to them, a deafening screech sounding from him. 

"wait okkoto listen-!" 

"forward my warriors! forward to the pool of the forest spirit!" fooled by the humans' tricks, he began to limp away. the boar skins slid across the floor, getting closer to san and the wolf. she chased after the god.