vi. TRAILER PARK.

vi. bad news first!

the group had brought back eddie's groceries and they watched as he began to snack on the things that they had selected.
"so we got uh..some good news and some bad news. how do you prefer it?" dustin broke the silence.

"bad news first, always." eddie answered as he took a sip from a can.

wendy had always agreed that bad news first was the way to go, it made more sense to choose that option.
"all right. bad news, we tapped into the hawkins pd dispatch with our cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. also, they're uh pretty convinced you killed chrissy." dustin laid on the bad news.

"like a hundred percent kind of convinced." max mayfield added in.

"and the good news?" eddie looked at the group, he made eye contact with wendy for a brief moment.

"your name hasn't gone public yet. but if we found out about you, its only a matter of time before others do too and once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you." robin spoke without hope.

"hunt the freak, right?" eddie looked towards robin.
"exactly." she confirmed.
"shit." eddie cursed, mostly to himself.

wendy frowned at the thought of hawkins citizens blaming eddie without knowing the full story. then again, she couldn't blame them because the harsh truth was too much for their town to handle.

"so, before that happens, we need to find vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." dustin laid out the plan as if it were simple.
"that's all, dustin? that's all?" eddie was being sarcastic.
"yeah no, that's pretty much it." dustin confirmed.

it wasn't a laughing matter, but wendy carmichael couldn't help but to let out a small laugh at the interaction and she earned eddie's attention again. he had to fight the smile that was trying to form on his face, because despite how infectious wendy's laugh could be, he realized that his life was in danger.

"listen, eddie, i know everything dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kind of thing before." robin was trying her best to reassure eddie.

"twice for me, more times for these guys." wendy waved her hand towards steve and dustin.

"yeah, they have a...a few times and i have once. mine was more human-flesh-based and theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom line is collectively, i really feel like we got this." robin continued.

"yeah see," steve leaned against a post and everyone looked towards him as he spoke. "we usually rely on this girl who has super powers, but uh, those went bye-bye, so uh..." steve's voice trailed off.

"so we're technically in more of the.."
"kinda.."
"brainstorming phase."
"yeah!" the group tried to describe their process and what lied ahead of them.

"there's nothing to worry about." dustin stated.

wendy looked over in confusion, shaking her head. if she were eddie, she would be scared shitless and completely worried. the eighteen year old girl felt her heart sink as she heard the sound of police sirens heading their way.

"shit!" steve harrington cursed.
"tarp! tarp, tarp!" robin ordered.

eddie munson climbed down into the boat, covering himself with the tarp that he had previouslt hidden under. the rest of the group rushed over to the lodge's window. dustin and wendy stood side by side as they peered out to see police cars and an ambulance speeding past.

"what the hell?" wendy muttered.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

the group of five soon became a group of six once they had crossed paths with nancy wheeler. they had been sitting at the picnic table in the roane county trailer park.
"so you're saying that this thing that killed fred and chrissy...it's from the upside down?" nancy questioned.

they had caught her up on vecna and his curse.
"that's what it's looking like, but its different from the things before." wendy informed.

dustin henderson nodded along before adding on.
"our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse. now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the mind flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know." he added.

wendy felt her skin crawl at the thought of vecna getting a hold of one of her friends, she didn't even understand how he was choosing his victims.

"fred and chrissy don't make sense. i mean, why them?" it felt like nancy wheeler could read wendy's mind.
"maybe they were just in the wrong place. they were both at the game." dustin pointed out.

"and near the trailer park." max added.

wendy looked around the trailer park before looking back at her friends.
"but—" wendy started.
"we're at the trailer park." steve finished.

"i was gonna say that." wendy looked towards her boyfriend.
"uh, should we maybe not be here?" steve continued, not acknowledging wendy's comment.

wendy began to zone out as her friends continued to talk, but she knew that if there was some common factor of being in the trailer park and being one of vecna's victims, wendy knew that it was probably best for them to leave the trailer park immediately.