xii. THEIR FIGHT.

xii. steve's promise to susie!

standing under the illuminated chandelier, wendy carmichael could feel eyes on her.
"it's like the christmas lights." nancy wheeler mentioned.
"the christmas lights?" robin asked, confused.

wendy looked to her left, steve had been staring at her yet she couldn't read the emotion on his face. he looked pained with a subtle hint of annoyance.
"yeah, when will was in the upside down, the lights came to life." nancy explained briefly.

"vecna's here. in this house. just on the other side." lucas sinclair acknowledged.

wendy felt her skin crawl at the thought of vecna, she was now in the time crunch of vecna's curse.

the group watched as the chandelier dimmed before ultimately fading out.
"everyone, turn off your flashlights and spread out." nancy ordered.

"we're not gonna be able to see if we turn off our flash...lights." steve was ignored as the group did as told.

wendy carmichael began to walk away, and steve sighed—he just hoped that she didn't have another vision while they were apart.

the eighteen year old girl found a section of the house before hearing robin buckley yell out.
"i found him! got him!" robin yelled.

the group rushed to robin's voice, wendy was the first to reach her. they watched as robin's flashlight dimmed out.
"i...i had him." robin explained.

wendy gasped as she watched steve's flashlight light up.
"oh i think he's moving. he's moving, he's moving." steve walked through the room, the group trailing behind him.

the flashlight continued to illuminate and buzz as the seven hawkins residents made their way up the steps of creel house. they made it to the first landing before steve's flashlight went out.

"shit. i lost him." steve sighed.
"no you didn't." max mayfield pointed out as she walked over to a door before opening it.

the attic was filled with a pulsating light, they had found it. wendy stared up at the singular lightbuld, it was buzzing to a rhythm. the groups' flashlights began to mimick the light blub. wendy furrowed her eyebrows as the intensity of the flashlights increased, they grew brighter and flickered. her eyes widened as she realized.

"what if....what if he's about to...no, nevermind." wendy shook her head, it couldn't be.
"no, what were you sayi—" steve was cut off by the flashlights bursting, one by one their bulbs shattered until they were in complete darkness.

"what the hell just happened?" dustin henderson spoke in the dark.

"guys, i think vecna just made another kill." wendy carmichael proposed her theory.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

steve harrington had been the one to suggest that they all go home for a night, rest up, and change their clothes. he had tasked lucas and dustin with the job of checking in on max. he, on the other hand, wanted to make sure wendy stayed safe.

they had gone back to his house first, he showered and picked out another outfit to wear and wendy had decided that she wanted to sleep at her house for the night. before they could leave the harringtons' house, steve found himself scooping up two casette tapes to keep in his car for wendy—one of the mixtape that he made, and the other of wendy's favorite song. it had been her favorite since the day her dad bought her her first copy of it when she was ten years old.