Chapter 40: Buzz Boom

Shrill loud laughter fills the room, I flinch at the unnerving sounds.

A sinking feeling hit the pit of my stomach; nauseous bile hits the back of my throat.

I look everywhere and nowhere, except at him.

A buzzing noise resonates in my ears, I'm momentarily disoriented by it. I blink a few times to clear my head, everything moves in slow motion. I look up and see Griffin's mouth moving, brows pinch close together, I try to make out what he's saying, but he's not making sense.

I try to blink and reoriented myself, but it's only making things worse, my vision slowly spins like I'm on a bad roller coaster ride. My stomach dropped cold shiver coursed through my body.

Shit. Am I having a panic attack?

White buzzing noise gets louder in my ears.

"Elena!" A disembodied male's voice flutter in the air

A cold hand touches my face, my vision momentarily focuses on the face in front of me. My aunt looks down at me.

A loud explosion ricocheted in the air startling all of us. A wild expression hits my aunt's eyes.

" What the hell was that?! Go check!" She yells

A few armed men filed out of the room.

The shock of the explosion brings me back to the moment.

Something moves behind her. A body hits the ground. It startles her, she turns to the commotion.

Griffin's hands are no longer bound, he's on top of the man's body on the ground. He pulls the knife quickly from the man's side, blood pooling beneath the man's lifeless body.

Only another armed man is in the room, he stands close to the door. The man quickly turns toward the scene, he was momentarily surprised but recovers quickly and raises his gun.  He smiles.

"That man has no gun. The best you can do is that puny knife." The man challenge amusingly

I look at my aunt, who still looks startled.

I put all my weight onto one side and slam my whole body hard against hers.

We both fumble to the ground; pain shoots up my left side.

The man turns to us, but before he could react Griffin is on him. The man was able to deflect the knife from Griffin's hand, landing with a loud thud on the ground.

But that didn't deter him, Griffin landed a hard blow to the man's stomach, and the man stumbled and hunched over in pain, the gun slid across the ground from the impact, and landed against the opposite wall.

My aunt struggle from underneath me, and I struggle against my restraints. The rope came loose from the broken chair's arm.

"Get off of me!!" She starts to scream

She frantically starts kicking me, and one of her kicks lands against my ribs. I gasp in pain.

She begins to slither her body away from underneath me, but I held on to her legs for dear life.

"Hector!!!" She screams for the man, but the man paid no attention while facing Griffin.

The man rams his whole body into Griffin's stomach, pushing him hard, they both crash onto the table and break it.

Two hard bodies hit the ground with a painful loud crash. The man land on top of Griffin, he swings his fist and lands a hard blow on Griffin's left cheek, blood splattering from his nose. The man pulls back and swings again, but this time Griffin caught it and heads butt the man hard with a loud crash.

The man fumbles backward from the impact in pain. Griffin disengages the man's body and rolls on top, the man's hands went for Griffin's throat. Griffin swings at the man's face and lands hard on his right, bloody splatter from his mouth.

The man's hand flail and make contact with Griffin's throat before he grips and tighten around it.

My aunt drags her body slowly across the floor with me on her legs. I try to pull myself up her body, but she struggles and lands a hard hit on my face. Her body twist and I twist with her.

We wrestle on the ground; I do my best to immobilize her.

I see the knife that Griffin dropped a few feet away from us, and so does my aunt. She struggles harder for it. I grab her hands. I see it but I couldn't stop it, her hand form into a tight fist, and it lands hard against my right cheek and my vision blur from the impact.

I feel her body slips away from my hands. She got up on all four before standing upright on her feet. She's going for the knife.

Everything happens in slow motion. I turn to Griffin, his fist lands against the man's face multiple times to loosen the man's grip on his throat.

My aunt sees the same thing, she reaches for the knife.

I pull myself off the ground and lunge for her.

We fall to the ground; I wrestle the knife from her. She grips the handle tightly between us, I grip it tightly between her fingers. Both her legs thrust around as she tries to dislodge me from her. I fight to change position for better control. Her grip shift as she fights to change the position of the blade, my arms tremble as I fight the control, my sweat started to bleed out from my pores, and the grip begins to slide.

She's able to dislodge one of her legs from underneath me and our position shifts. Momentarily giving her an advantage, she shifts the blade more toward me. My wrists shake in the change of control.

My whole body trembles with effort. I fight to gather all my strength toward my upper body.

I hear it before I felt it. The sound of a blade slicing through muscles and tendons pierces through my ears.

I look down at my aunt in shock, her eyes look up at mine in surprise.

She blinks up at me a few times. My lips tremble, and my eyes obscure with the vision of regret and sorrow.

"Aunt Anneta..." I said weakly, my eyes scanning hers.

Her eyes shift from surprise to a glazed look.

A small smile tugs at her lips for a brief moment before they drift, and her eyes flutter before they close.

I look down at our joined hands, my hands over hers cover in her blood. The blade pierces through her heart.

A desperate gasp breakout from my chest. I place my forehead against her as my body trembles with uncontrol sobs.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Elena, we have to go. My car explosion won't distract them long, those guys will be back at any minute." I look up at a bloody Griffin.

I nod before letting him help me up with unsteady feet.