Chapter 64: Me and You

Griffin lay on Elena's lap as he presses his ear against her swell belly.

"Our baby is very active," he said with a smile

He feels the pressure of the baby's kick against her stomach, Elena wince slightly, and she places her hand against the side of her belly with a smile.

"Too active," she said

Griffin turns to his side and kisses her stomach; Elena strokes his hair.

"Who do you think the baby will look like more?"  Griffin asks

Elena ponders over his question.

"I want our baby to have your eyes, they're soft yet so intense at times, it's mesmerizing." She spoke softly

"I think half the girls in our school were in love with you" she adds

Griffin chuckles "Took me a while to get the right one to fall for me."

Now it's Elena's turn to laugh

"Beautiful," Griffin said watching her glow with laughter

He reaches his hand up and caresses her soft cheek, Elena closes her eyes leaning into his touch.

"I want our baby to look like you," Griffin said

"Even the boy?" She teases

"Especially the boy" He winks at her

"He'll be so pretty; I'll have to watch out for any girls he brings home for a play date after his kindergarten class."

Elena laughs at his absurdity

"What if she's a girl?" She asks

Griffin rubs his hand over his face "I'm going to have to homeschool her and keep her away from the male populations"

"You can't be serious." Elena looks at him in amusement

"Thinking about all of these already giving me stress" He turns to her stomach then

"No dating until you're in your 30s," Griffin said to her stomach

The baby kicks her stomach then, and Elena's breath hitch at the movement.

"Oh my god, our baby already rebelling against their daddy."  She laughs

Griffin groans.

      A few months had passed since the business meeting incident, Griffin sits in his study working on his business contract. A slight knock on his door had him look up.

Elena in a maternity dress, her belly swelling in almost a perfectly round shape, with one hand on her waist and a tray of cookies in another waddles into the room with his door already ajar for her.

She looks adorable with his baby in her stomach, he can't believe they created this beautiful gift together. He never thought he could love someone so much.

"What are you doing up? I thought I told you to take it easy." He gets up to meet her halfway

"Nonsense, I'll go crazy if I don't do anything. "

Her pregnancy is getting easier for her, her morning sickness is gone, and her appetite is back for a couple of months now. He was worried at the very beginning but watching her now makes his worries dissipate.

"I baked some chocolate chip cookies with pecan nuts in them. Do you want some milk with it?" She asks handing him the cookies.

Griffin looks down at her swell breasts "Yes, milk sounds nice."