Chapter 1

Jennie POV

A sigh escaped her lips as she looked into the mirror. Jennie doesn't remember the moment this lifestyle became such a tremendous burden but she has been finding it harder and harder to keep her emotions contained. The members were sitting in their designated dressing room backstage at the Mama award show. It's been years since they were able to perform on this stage but finally the company had made amends with the network station,  hence their presence at the show. 

Jennie didn't mind, in fact she was actually happy to finally give their fans what they have been asking for, for years.The concert itself was for a good cause, this year 60 percent of the revenue would be donated to the children who were orphaned during the pandemic. 

The last two years took a toll on everybody and the world has a long road of recovery ahead but what makes Jennie happy is that people have not given up hope. Just hearing the fans right now proves that they can overcome even the worst.

The crowd was going wild with their screams and chants. They were so loud that the girls could hear them even from where they were backstage. She chuckled to herself, she doubts that any of them will have voices left come tomorrow. The thought brings a smile to her face. The fans are always so passionate and supportive of their idols. 

And Jennie couldn't be more proud of their own fans, their blinks who are just as passionate, and supportive of their group, especially when they were going through some rough patches, they are always by their side. 

It honestly leaves her flabbergasted sometimes when She thinks about how much love Blackpink has received since their debut, and she couldn't be more thankful. Their fans mean everything to them and they wouldn't be where we are without them.

“Unnie?” She turns to her left to see Lisa Staring at her expectantly. “Sorry, what were you saying?” Jennie asks. She was so caught up with her own thoughts that she seems to have missed everything the younger girl had said. Being lost in her own thoughts, overthinking things that she cannot change now is not a new concept to her. 

“I was just saying that Jisoo Unnie spoke to the event coordinator just now and everything is on track.” Lisa said while sighing. Truth be told, it was nerve wracking to be performing on this Stage for the 1st time and this being 6 years after their debut. If fact they haven't even performed on Any stage in over three years.

The Company has always put Blackpink at the end of their list. The fact that they are actually allowing them to attend this year is a miracle In itself. Jennie just hopes they get their shit together for this next year. Their fans deserve better.

“That's good, I just hope nothing goes wrong. Our Blinks have been waiting so long. They are looking forward to watching our performances. I'd hate for them to be disappointed again” Jennie replied and Lisa nodded, then turned back to Jisoo and Chaeyoung. 

She can feel the anxiety building in her as she clutches her throat lightly trying to calm herself. Feeling her bare neck, an entirely new fear starts to descend as she takes note of her missing necklace.

Jennie looks around the dressing room for her necklace. ‘Where did I put it? I just had it.’ her eyes swept the room again, still not seeing it. Her breath started to get heavy as her chest started to move up and down increasingly fast. She starts to dig through the things left on the dresser. “Unnie?” Chaeyoung called from the side of the room. She was waiting for their makeup Artist to put on the finishing touches on her face. 

“Unnie? What's wrong?” Chaeyoung goes over to Jennie, getting concerned when she notices the state the older girl was in. “I don't remember where I put my necklace. I just had it just awhile ago when I came in, but i don't know where it is now. I can't perform without it” she burst out as frustration starts to gather in her. Jennie's eyes sweep the room once again.