Part 4

Cale wasn't fucking stupid.

And while he did have a propensity to overthink things and come up with absolutely ridiculous solutions to problems, he had an innate skill for seeing things as they were.

Alberu Crossman was identical to the Alberu from his dreams.

And he could read that man like the back of his hand.

Alberu was Alberu. It was just that fucking simple.

But Cale wouldn't be Cale if he wasn't obstinate and stubborn to a fault.

'So fucking what?'

So what if the prince was the same one from his dreams? He still had many valid and unchanging reasons to hate him. Actually, that was yet another reason to hate him!

Who the fuck did Alberu think he was? Invading his dreams and fucking with his heart like this?

Just because he was a stupid crown prince or king or whatever the fuck, that did not give him the right to fuck with Cale's head like this.

And if he was wrong and they really weren't the same, that was even better! Because Cale had every intention of hating Alberu from as far away as possible. It had already been two weeks since the incident and he'd successfully avoided running into Alberu Crossman at any event where they both attended.

However, apparently in exchange, every single night was another dream.

It was just about enough to drive a guy crazy.

Not Cale though. He was perfectly sane as he sat in the carriage on the way to yet another obnoxious celebration to rub elbows with the elite and contemplated the pros and cons of smashing the future king over the head with a wine bottle.

Pros, no more dreams, no more Alberu, no more frustration.

Cons, treason, execution, his family ruined.

He let out a long sigh and glared out the window, entirely ignoring Basen's curious look. He knew his brother wondered about his behavior lately but he didn't have an explanation.

Cale had chosen to maintain a low-profile above all else which meant he was acting out less in public and mostly sought out isolated areas to peacefully rest. For Basen, who had fully expected to need a leash to keep Cale from flipping a table or two, this was probably somewhat worrying behavior.

He really didn't like worrying Basen. This was also Alberu's fault. What an asshole.

Essentially, Cale's chaotic thoughts hadn't really calmed down for two weeks and he was scared out of his wits at the possibilities that lined the thorny path ahead.

This had been reflected in his dreams as well. Except in his dreams, he sought out comfort from his chaotic thoughts from the source of the chaos. That and just an obcsene amount of sex. Just way too much. When he felt anxious and chaotic, sex was a really good outlet.

He wasn't normally shy about the depravities his dreams could offer him because they were dreams. Everyone had the occassional sexual dream. It was a private experience for just himself.

But what if it wasn't? If Alberu Crossman really was the same Alberu from his dreams then all of the things they'd done together...

Cale scowled darkly at the scenery as they approached the venue for the event. Of course today was the crown prince's palace.

And of course the scenery that he'd never seen before in his entire life looked as familiar as the back of his hand with the number of times he'd been here in his dreams.