Chapter 3

Adrien woke up tired. They had a party to celebrate their companies new success. The new summer line had recieved alot of admiration from both investors and their target audience. Life was perfect for him. He owned the best company in the fashion industry and he had a loving,  supportive fiancee. Did Lila lie? Yes she used to. But now she was most sought model in the fashion industry, and his top desginer. Now she was his fiancee.

"Hey Adrien, I'm just going to go shopping. Hope you don't mind", Lila informed.

"Of course. I also need you to finalise the total cost of producing our latest line", Adrine reminded her.

"Excuse me?", Lila asked confused.

"You do remember that you work as my secretary, and it is your job to do these things", Adrien told her.

"Yes, of course Adrien!", Lila screeched, "I'll get it done as soon as I come back!".

Lila gritted her teeth as she got into her expensive car. She thought if she married a rich man like Adrien, she wouldn't have to work. But she was Lila Rossi. She can manipulate whoever she wanted. She can get someone else to do it for her. Adrien would never find out. After all, he did dump Marinette for her. She smirked as she took off. She had everything she needed.

Marinette nervously waited outside. She had an interview with Felix Graham de Vanily. She normally wouldn't have taken this, seeing as Felix is both Adrien's cousin and rival. She still remembered that day...

"Ms Marinette Dupain-Cheng?", a young lady in her early thirties called out.

"Um...yes. I'm here", Marinette answered nervously. 

"Mr Graham de Vanily will see you now", she informed.

"Thank you", Marinette replied, recieving a smile.

"Please take a seat Ms Dupain-Cheng", Felix instructed.

Marinette did as she was told, and while Felix looked over her file, she looked over him. He had matured a bit since she last saw him a few years ago. Good-looking, not to his cousin's standard though, but he was a gentlemen. But, fortunatley for her, he did not resemble Adrien too much. 

"If you are done staring at me", Felix interrupted her thoughts, "I would like to get on with the rest of the interview".

"Ah...of course", Marinette blushed.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I've reached out to you, especially since you used to work for my cousin, and rival", Felix started.

"Yes", Marinette responded. She did wonder why he had asked her to come, especially since word had gotten around that she was fired for stealing Lila's designs. 

"I have certainly heard as to why Adrien fired you. Stealing designs, spilling company secrets, using company funds for personal use. Normally we wouldn't hire someone with this much history", Felix read out from his screen.

Marinette was shocked at the other accusations. She held back the tears, forcing them not to fall out, when she processed what Felix had actually said.

"Normally?", she asked.

"Yes, normally we wouldn't. I'm not sure what had happened between you and Adrien, but I'm sure you remember the last time we met a few years ago", Felix spoke.

Marinette nodded, remembering how both Felix and Adrien had wanted to grab a major deal with a famous ex-model, who was going to return for one time only.

"You somehow managed to negotiate a deal and get them to sign to the Gabriel brand. I had never seen such skills when it came to making business deals. I am always a man that takes an opportunity when I see one. So if Adrien is not going make use of your skills, then I will", Felix stated bluntly.