chapter 9 | big eyes

MALIAS POV:

"Okay, don't look now, but some guy is looking at you!" I whisper, leaning against the pool wall with Dallia. She blushes, trying to turn around before I stop her, "What did I just say?! If you turn around, he will know we're talking about him." I sneer.

She rolls her eyes, turning back to me before putting on her sunglasses, "It's not like he's going to approach me or anything." she mutters.

"HEY, CHICAS," Shyla screams behind me, running up to us with a plate full of jello shots. She ducks down to our level, "Don't tell anyone I stole these, okay?" she smiles. Kiaa and Rhea giggle, no doubt having had some of the jello shots already.

I laugh, grabbing two of the jello shots before giving on to Dallia. We all throw our heads back, enjoying the alcohol running down our throats.

Kiaa widens her eyes, turning to Dallia as she says, "Girl, some guy is making his way over here, and he's definitely eyeing you up."

Dallia's face reddens with annoyance, sighing as she lifts up her glasses and whispers a quick prayer. Putting a fake smile on her face, she gracefully turns around before glaring at the unknown guy.

"Look, I don't know who you are. But leave me the hell alone, you're not getting my number." She sneers, turning back to us before downing another shot.

His eyes widen, looking her up and down with disgust now as he walks back to his group of friends. They all laugh at him, hollering to him about how he pulls nobody.

No wonder, the guy is a total creep.

"Damn, Dallia." Rhea begins, walking down the stairs to the huge pool, "I would have never thought you had a temper." Dallia signs, rubbing her forehead as she looks down, "Yea, well I do." she grumbles.

Just then, Merlia runs up to us, looking out of breath as she starts to speak rapidly, "Okay so, I just had a whole argument with this guy over some stupid Psychology theory, and it may or not have been Zane Blackford."

All of us stop, our mouths wide as we figure out what she just said. Kiaa shakes her head, her eyes popping out as she says, "You talked back to THE Zane Blackford?!" she exclaims. Throwing her hands up in the air, she walks around before sitting in the beach chair, "You do know how strong his family's ties are with The Bishops, RIGHT?!"

Merlia huffs, crossing her arms against her chest as she sits on the floor above us, "Okay yes, I get it, his family practically is the most wealthy family known to man, but that doesn't allow him to be a complete asshole!" She yells, her Australian accent kicking in.

"Fair enough." Rhea chimes in, adjusting the strap of her bikini. It is true, just because his family is extremely wealthy doesn't give him the right to be a first class asshole.

Zane Blackford was always looked upon as a sweetheart, everyone on social media constantly swooned over him and his so-called 'manners'. But they had no idea how annoying Zane actually was in real life.

I still remember the day he pointed at my acne when I was in fifth grade and yelled, "Ew, what's that on her face?!" After that, it all went downhill, and everyone just started calling me pimple face.

Not that I care now, though, but I have personally been a victim of his harsh words.

Merlia rolls her eyes, " I mean, he even had the balls to say I was built like a door!" She yelped. Shyla raised her eyebrows in confusion, "Is he blind or something," she starts, "You're built like a damn Goddess."

Merlia plops down on the chair next to Kiaa's, grabbing her phone out of her purse as she starts typing on it rapidly.

"Well that's not going to end well." Rhea mutters to me, giving me a playful smile.