Chapter 2: Meet One

It was dark and cold. 

It felt like you were falling into an endless abyss.

And then, warmth.

The ground was soft, something covering you. A bed... not the ground. You expected to be tied to a chair or chained in a dungeon. But no, you were on a large bed with dark purple sheets, covered by a thick black blanket.

Your arms were exposed since you were in a tank top. Now, where was your jacket? 

A black and cyan jacket caught your eyes. Not yours, but you were cold-it would do for now.

Okay, now to get out of here. You hesitated at the door. It wouldn't be as easy as walking out, it would be better to take a window or something. So, you moved the curtain, only to realize how high up this place was. It would be impossible to jump from this height without getting hurt. And the metal gate blocking the window was also a problem. You'd be too loud if you tried to kick it.

So, you put the curtain back, causing the room to darken again. It was relatively dark, just barely enough light to see. That didn't stop you, and went towards the door. You gulped, hand hesitating before grasping the doorknob.

"You know, it's not nice to leave without saying goodbye."

A gasp escaped you, and your head whipped to the sudden voice. A figure stood near the bed, a candle in hand. You got a good look at whoever it was. It looked sort of like a skeleton covered in some sort of thick dark sludge. It covered one of his eyes, and the... things crawling from it's back seemed to be made of the same thing. It was terrifying. And yet, you felt just a little bit safe... But now wasn't the time to take chances, you didn't even know where you were! You quickly turned the doorknob, one of his tentacles(?) grabbing your wrist. It's eye narrowed at you, and it put the candle down.

It walked up to you stopping a meter away. It smirked while you shook. The creature tugged one side off of your jacket, revealing your arm.

"That's a very nice tattoo you have there, it suits you too. Humans like you are as fragile as butterflies..." It said, grin still present. A chill ran down your spine. You didn't know what to say, still staring at it. 

"And what a coincidence, I have a matching one." Was the last thing it said, making your head spin. It took off it's jacket and pulled up the t-shirt sleeve, showing off the familiar tattoo.

A deep purple, just like yours. It had the same crescent moon, and the same butterfly. So, he was the moon? Shrouded mostly in darkness, like the crescent moon. It figures. Seeing this made you calm down a bit, but still stay away. "The name's Nightmare if you're wondering. Mind telling me yours?" You blinked at his request. Nightmare? Sounds bad, real bad. I probably shouldn't be here... But if he's really my soulmate then I shouldn't run. Besides, I don't feel like he's a danger to me... Oh, he wants my name. 

"Sorry... I'm Y/n." You muttered, lightly tugging the tentacle off of your wrist. Nightmare retracted, but still ushered you over to the bed. He sat beside you, glancing down to your face. 

You felt intimidated. And short. He put an arm around your shoulders, hugging you to him.

"I've been waiting over 100 years for this." Was all he muttered, staring blankly at the wall. Over a hundred years? How long do monsters live? Probably a very long time... Then your thoughts wandered to your second tattoo. Who could it be? Another monster? The polar opposite of Nightmare? 

Both of you were interrupted when someone rudely slammed the door open. Both of you turned to the door and who was standing there.

"Wow boss! I didn't think it'd be a human! No wonder you waited so long! Ooh, she's a real looker too~" A new skeleton teased, easily ticking off Nightmare. It was another frightening skeleton, one with black tears coming from his sockets, wearing a blue jacket with what seemed to be a target on his shirt. "Enough! Killer, what the hell do you want?!" He exclaimed angrily, tentacles lashing out in anger. 

Nightmare was terrifying when angry. It made you shiver.

"Ugh! Fine! Error said that Dream's coming to this AU. And he looks pretty desperate and angry." This, 'Killer' replied with a groan.  Nightmare's hand twitched. "Oh for f*** sake!" He hissed, getting up. You stared at him when he got up, walking to the door. Killer ran off, probably to get ready for this 'Dream'. "Stay here, and don't leave. I'll be back soon."

The door clicked when he left, hinting that it was locked. So, Nightmare locked you in here in fear of you leaving? Whatever, it's not like you could go anywhere. Wherever this was, it wasn't near your home-not at all. And that name, Dream... maybe he was your other soulmate? You casually waited, listening to items break outside the room and shouting. Your mind drifted to the locked door again.

Or maybe the door was locked to keep something out.

That sounded like a lot of battling for one person. 2, possibly 3 against one seemed easy.

A few seconds later, there was banging just outside your door.

"HELLO?! ARE YOU IN THERE?! PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR I NEED TO GET IN!" Someone shouted before they yelped in pain, a bang and crash coming after it. There were thuds, and one of Nightmare's tentacles stabbed the door. He caught your eyes before dodging a glowing blue arrow. A golden and white blur passed by. You couldn't tell if someone threw him, or if he ran. There were thuds, a crunch, and Nightmare letting out a painful swear.

There was nothing but heavy pants.

"OPEN THE DOOR PLEASE! I DON'T WANT TO KICK IT DOWN!"

You hesitated towards the door, hand shakily grabbing it.

"Y/N DON'T YOU DARE EVEN TOUCH THAT DOOR!" You heard Nightmare shout from faraway. A quiet yelp escaped you, and you tugged your arm away from the door. Someone's socket peeked into the hole Nightmare made. 

A boot kicked near the hole, making an even bigger hole. His hand reached through, searching for a doorknob. The hand found the doorknob, and it opened. There was a very beaten up person in the doorway, panting and leaning on it. He flashed a smile. "I hope you're okay!" He said between breathes. A skeleton in a gold tunic and with a gold crown on his skull, all of which was covered in his own blood. Wait... He was worrying about you? "What?! you're worrying about me?! You're extremely hurt! It's not a good idea to take 3 on 1!" You exclaimed, quickly running up to him. "Actually it was 6 on 1." He panted, still leaning on the door. 

"Wha-"

"DREAM YOU GET AWAY FROM HER!" Nightmare shouted, running towards you both. "Grab my hand." Was all the golden skeleton whispered, holding his hand to you. You gulped, and reluctantly reached out to his hand.

"Y/N-"

The second your hands touched you both disappeared, leaving Nightmare furious.

You watched as 'Dream' passed out, landing on the ground, his broken hand still within your grasp.

This was a much different place, especially since you were now face-to-face with 2 new skeletons.