Chapter 36

"Congratulations to us." Cassie shouted as we both popped the pink balloons in front of us. Today is our graduation, hurray!! The six years of hard work is finally over. We were all dressed up for our graduation. Mom is going to be there, Lilly and Stacie are going to be there, Mom Lisa and Dad are going to be there. They are always there to support me.

The last few days were epic. I never talked with Kelvin but I wasn't worried. I was sad he didn't call me but I knew he was surely going to get back to me. It was just a matter of time. And besides he was still getting treatment after he was hit in the head by Louis. I watched everything on TV and Frankie told me he was perfectly fine and that I shouldn't worry. I was glad even though he was shot twice, nothing happened to him and the fact that Louis has finally been caught for all the bad things he had done has set my heart at ease.

Cassie shoved a cake into my mouth and she started laughing at me. She has been a really good friend honestly I wouldn't wish for a better best friend than her. Lia on the other hand was sad that she has been left alone in the school. She said she came because of me and I'm leaving her. But Stacie is just waiting for her admission letter to Harvard.

As we jubilated and played around in the room, our graduation was in 15 minutes. We were late. Thankfully the school was just few miles away from here. Cassie and I grabbed our stuffs and Lia followed us outside. The three of us entered the Limousine and in just some few minutes we were at the school. Students were dressed in their graduation uniforms and it was a sight. Family and well wishers were all over the place. Some were singing, others were dancing and some Moms were crying.

When we stepped inside the hall, I started looking for my family. Lia searched with me and Cassie looked around for her parents. As soon as she sported them, she started jumping on her heels and shouting, "my parents are here. They are here!They are really here!" They run towards each other as she fell into their embrace. Cassie's father Mr. Robert Cowell was a very porch looking man. He was dressed in his highly expensive suit and well polished shoes. Mrs. Amanda Cowell was dressed in an expensive designer wear and she looked sharp in her red high heels.

As we exchanged warm pleasantries, Cassie went ahead with her parents. She insisted we come with her but we needed to search for our parents and she completely understood. The search was still on going. The crowd was big you could barely notice people. Then I decided to call Mom and Lia called Aunt Lisa. The first beep sounded and it rung. Right here in the hall. Mom is here. I started looking around.

I heard her ringtone not far from me. I turned left then right, curious to see her. I've missed her a lot. "Honey!" I heard it. Her voice. My mother's voice. She was right at the back of me. She was so close to me. Without hesitation, I turned and jump into her embrace. "Mom!" I shouted.

Mom! I've missed her so much. She covered me with her arms and I was happy. I've missed this. "Oh my sweet darling, I've missed you so much." She said pulling my face away and showering it with lots and lots of kisses. "Mom." I called.

"Yes honey. I know you miss me." She had no idea. My eyes glided to Stacie and Lilly. They were looking so pretty and they couldn't stop smiling at me. I pulled them both into a hug and it felt great. Lia was busy with her parents and after she was done we exchanged parents. I hugged Mrs Wigglesworth and she rocked me like a baby. "How have you been my child?"

"I'm fine, thank you." I said. I hugged Mr. Wigglesworth and it was so good. At least he reminded me of Kelvin. Even though Kelvin is far, his family is near. After the MC announced we were to find our seats so the program could start, my family went to seat among other families and well wishers.

Our principal stood and proceeded with his speech. He was very calm and kind and in his speech he gave out lots of advice. It was really helpful. When my name was called on stage to take my degree, I looked at my family who waved at me among crowd. When the teacher handed me the degree, I whispered a thank you and went down.

It felt really good to have my degree. After all my hard work. When I say on my seat, Lia congratulated me. Well she was stuck to me. She said she will seat where I sit so I agreed. It took some minutes to finish distributing the degrees and after that, we closed. It was time for celebration. Our teachers congratulated us and some gave us some gifts.

Mom was so happy she couldn't stop talking of how proud she was. She has to be proud. I'm also proud of myself. If Kelvin was here, he would have been proud as well. "Honey, we should head home first. We have something for you. Stay and talk as much as you want." I handed them the keycard and they left. Lia followed them and Cassie and I were the only ones left.

We danced and danced to the music. Everyone was dancing. It was as if the school intentionally hired music crew for us. Ray and Maddison joined us. I've seen them in a long time. They looked happy as they were supposed to be. They were so cute together.

"Cassie and Gianna congratulation." Maddison shouted so her voice could be heard . She hugged us both. She is sweet and kind. Ray on the other hand couldn't stop thanking me. He said I was the reason he made up with Maddison and now they are married.

It took few seconds for everyone to notice the music was overpowered by another sound. It sounded like a huge fan. The students outside started shouting as if an angel was descending. Many people made their way outside to see what was going on. Without any other choice, we followed the crowd. When we were outside was when we realised what it was.

It was the sound of a very beautiful looking chopper descending on the school's field. Cassie and I exchange incredulous looks. "Is that a chopper?" She asked and I nodded with a smile. I've seen helicopters several times but I've never seen a chopper. Sounds weird? I'm telling the truth. Whose parents brought the chopper? It took some few minutes for it to land on the field. It's blades where sharp and big.

Everyone kept their eyes glued on who was going to come out. I was curious myself. Who brought the chopper? The president? My God. Was I going to meet the president?

The door slid open and my eyes were fixed on it. I looked over to Cassie who stood there with her arms around my shoulder waiting for whoever was it to come out.

A porche looking shoe stepped out on the stairs and then there stood a figure before us.

Curious right? Well wait for the next chapter.