Chapter 38

I sat outside dipping my legs into the ice cold pool water. Night has fallen and everyone has gone to sleep. We were only five sleeping in the penthouse. Cassie and I are sharing my room while Kelvin and Frankie are sharing her room. Lia is in her room and I just tagged her to sleep few minutes ago. The rest has booked a room in the hotel.

I wasn't feeling sleepy. In fact, my heart has not yet finished rejoicing over the fact that Kelvin is back. It will definitely take a while.The cool breeze was swinging over me giving me the right amount of air I needed right now. I laid back, giving myself a better view of the sky. It was definitely a starry night. The stars were in alignment and there were many of them. Some were very visible and some were not. How the stars was created was something I never understood. God is so wonderful. The moon was full and was giving its lovely moonlight.

Folding my arms at the back of my head, I closed my eyes, inhaling the sweet air. I felt a sharp movement beside me and then I was covered by a blanket. I didn't have to look before knowing who it was. I could tell. That breathtaking cologne was what I inhaled and then smiled to myself. It's very rare. No one has ever smelled this great.

"Lovely night. Isn't it?" I nodded rolling over to face him. Wrong move. Kelvin was only trying to put a pillow underneath my head and I suddenly turned and faced him. He was caught of guard I could see by the way he widened his eyes. He was so close I could feel his breath on my face. It took him some few seconds to adjust and smiled at me.

I didn't smile back, I was too hypnotised by his dark big eyes. I could see my head in his eyeballs. That was how close we were. My eyes travelled to his defined nose which moved as he was breathing. Then to his attractive jaw bone. I felt butterflies in my stomach. I would be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to him. He has become more handsome.

I bit hard on my lower lip to steady my breathing. Gianna pull yourself together. What is wrong with you? You can't be this attracted to him when you aren't yet married. I blinked at him to get my thoughts together. But Kelvin made it worst. He pulled closer his nose touching mine to the extent that I could feel his hot breath fanning my lips. His lips were just inches from mine. The swift movement I would make could get his lips to touch mine.

No, no, no. This cannot be happening. "Kelvin." I whispered and he looked fully at me. Even his eyes on me made my stomach tighten. But I needed to stop this. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath.

"Pull back." I said. He didn't hesitate, he pulled back and cleared his throat. "Sorry. I was just trying to put a pillow under your head." He said. "I know." It wasn't even his fault. It was mine. Why did I even need to turn my head to his direction? Kelvin was a little embarrassed and I on the other hand was blushing like a tomato.

I kept chewing on my lower lip until I felt it was sore. "Stop biting on your lips babe. You will injure yourself." Kelvin said. He was smiling down at me and all I could do was nod my head in the most embarrassing way.

"Why are you so embarrassed. You shouldn't be. You have to be proud. I loved just how you stopped me. Sorry I went a little over bored. I just got a little distracted." He said. And you know what? He was right. I'm glad I sopped him before anything happened. The fact is that I want to live a chaste life till I get married to him because the Bible said we should abstain from fornication and I know it is for our own benefits. But the truth is it isn't easy. To prevent it in the first place, I need to put forth an effort to try to prevent what will actually lure me into doing that. So I did the right thing and I know I did. The happiest part is I didn't sin.

Kelvin and I talked about literally everything. I talked about what I did when he traveled. He talked about how he went for meetings in Dubai, the sort of foods he ate and how they tasted and his favourite and important clients. As always he was fun. He didn't leave any detail out simply because he wasn't lying to me. He didn't change one bit except for his physical appearance and how matured he is now. But his fun parts, he didn't change that. He was my same Kelvin.

Deep into our conversation, he looked at me. You know what I was doing? I was only staring at him with admiration, a tight smile on my face. He spoke out of love, and looked out for my interest. He listened when I gave out my idea and praised me for the little things I say. He gave me a warm smile. "Do I got something on my face?" He asked and I nodded my head. Well I see a responsible, fun and protective man beside me. Simply, I see every girls hero.

"I see my hero." I told him. He slightly laughed and turned to face me pulling back from me a little so he wouldn't be too close to me. I loved that. He kept his distance. He reached out for my left hand and run his thumb over my ring. Then he looked up at me.

"Gianna would you like to marry me?" He asked looking right into my face. His face held nothing but seriousness and admiration. I wasn't expecting that question right now but you know what my answer was right? Of course I would love to marry him. I mean I didn't really wait for six years just to leave him.

"Because I'm ready to marry you. You are everything a man could want. You are beautiful, intelligent, you give the best advice, you are courageous, you try to see the best in people, you are crazily funny, hardworking, you take bold steps, you try out new things even if it is a risk, you behave strange sometimes but it's very cute, you are self controlling and above all, you go according to the ways of God. And I love you. You are someone I could start a family with. This is a solemn promise. " He smiled at me waiting for my reaction.

I raised myself up and sat. I'm going to say yes to him. Definitely but I wanted to see his reaction. What will he do if I tell him I don't want to marry him? Kelvin sat beside me and I just turned my back on him. I stole a glance at him. He looked so confused. I wanted to tell him I was only kidding but wait, this is the fun part.

He held my shoulder and I turned to face him. He demanded an answer just from the way he kept looking at me. I played with the hem of my dress pretending I was nervous or something. "What if I say I don't want to marry you?" I asked. Kelvin shook his head and smiled, "you are joking right?" I slightly shook my head.

The look of horror on his face was just heart breaking. He looked as if he was about to cry. "Gianna, I don't understand. You said I'm your hero. We've gone through more than enough together for you to back off and I love you. Really, really love you. " His lower lips quivered as he was finding it difficult to get his words out. There. That was the proof I needed. He loved me enough never to leave me. He was afraid of loosing me. Just look at him.

I pulled him closer to me by shirt and hugged him, running my fingers through his soft black hair. It took him few seconds to wrap his arms around me. I lowered my mouth to his ears. "Of course I will marry you. I didn't wait six years for nothing." I whispered. He let out a ragged breath and tighten his arms around me. He was scared.

He pulled away, kissed my head and kissed my cheek. He repeated it for three times. "You almost killed me. You had no idea how my heart was pounding." I know. I know it all. Kelvin stood on his long legs and placed his hands under me. Without warning, he raised me in his arms and instantly wrap my arms around his neck.

"You need to sleep because we are going to start our preparations tomorrow." I looked at him confused. What preparations? He walked into the living room slamming the balcony glass door with his legs and headed for my room. When we reached my door, he dropped me smiling at my confused face.

"What preparations Kelvin?" He leaned in and whispered in my ears, "our wedding preparations babe." Then he kissed my head and run towards his door. My heart skipped a beat just at the mention of wedding. I stood frozen as he blew me a kissed and gestured his hands for me to go in.

I opened my door and entered resting my back at the closed door. Kelvin's was heard few seconds later.
Oh my God. I'm getting married.