One

When you picture a small Indiana town you might think of culdesac streets with white picket fences and red rose bushes. Everything normal.
However, Hawkins was far from normal.
Cursed is what some of the towns people would say others just turned their cheeks,disbelieving In what was really going on.
Cheryl,or Cherry,Carver was one of those who turned the other way.
Why wouldn't she?
Cherry was the cheerleader who had it all but like the town she lived in looks were very deceiving.
"Weed?"
The blonde asked in disbelief.
Her best friend and brothers girlfriend, Chrissy Cunningham,had just asked her a question she would have never thought she'd hear.
The other cheerleader shushed her before looking around nervously and pulling Cherry deeper into the girls locker room.
When she was sure no one was in ear range,she continued
"Yes weed. I need you to pick it up for me. Today after school."
Cherry kept looking at her friend in shock. This wasn't like Chrissy at all and if Cherry's brother knew she got weed for her she would be in more trouble then she could imagine
"Why do you need it,Chrissy? I've noticed you being distant lately but drugs?"
Chrissy suddenly looked pale in the face by the question. But she shook her head and tried to ignore it
"Nothing is wrong. Don't you think I would tell you if there was?"
Chrissy had a serious look on her face and though Cherry knew something was wrong she ignored the red flag and simply let out a sigh of defeat
"Where exactly do I need to go?"
"The woods across from the football field. You know,the picnic table."
Chrissy's wrist watch began to beep and she quickly reached into her bag to give Cherry the money
"I gotta go meet Jason but I really appreciate you doing this for me. You truly are my best friend."
The day seemed to go quicker than Cherry had wanted and when it was time for lunch her and Chrissy didn't exchange a word like they usually did.

Cherry had guessd it was the fear that they both might slip up and Jason would figure out what was going on.
Cherry picked at the food on her lunch tray and would look up at Chrissy,who never did eat the school food,and tried to figure out what was going on with her friend.
Her worrisome thoughts were soon cut abruptly when a voice she had grown to know all too well echoed loudly in the cafeteria.
Eddie "The Freak" Munson was standing on top of a lunch table.
Cherry couldn't quite put together what his rant was until he stepped his way over closer to hers.
"Or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets."
Eddie loudly stated which caused Jason to get angry.
"You want something freak?"
Cherry watched as Eddie didn't say anything but instead raised his fingers up to make horns and did a demonic sound.
Cherry had to press her lips in a thin line to keep from laughing and Eddie must have noticed. He gave her a smile before walking on the lunch tables back to his.
"What a freak," Jason complained "Someone really needs to do something about him and his cult." Cherry kept quiet and continued to pick at her food. She could still hear Eddie on the other side of the lunch room but decided it was best to just ignore him. Her brother was always right and if he said Eddie is a freak then that's exactly what he was.
The end of lunch bell rang and Cherry made her way to class. Just like earlier the day went at rapid speed and the nervousness she felt began to give her butterflies in her stomach.
So much so that she felt like she could throw up.
S

he could feel her legs shake faster at the million thoughts swarming in her brain like flies.
Any other normal person wouldn't be as scared just to buy weed.
Cherry had too much at stake however. Any slip up and everything she knew could be gone.
Chrissy knew this all too well but Cherry was like her little puppy. Chrissy wasn't a terrible person but Cherry felt as though she owed her something.
If it wasn't for Chrissy or Jason,Cherry would be a no one. So whatever the two asked,she felt obligated to do.
Even if that meant going on a drug run.
The cheerleader felt like a wreck by the time the last class period ended.
She swallowed the lump in her throat and began to walk towards the woods like Chrissy had told her.
The walk to the table was extremely silent. The further she got into the woods the less she could hear the loud chatter of high schoolers leaving and more of the sticks breaking under her Reeboks.
When she finally made it to the table Chrissy had told her about no one was around.
She waited briefly before deciding maybe she could just tell Chrissy whoever she was meeting was a no show.
She went to turn around when she bumped into something or someone.
The blonde let out a scared yelp as she fell onto the ground
"Oh shit I'm sorry!"
Standing in front of her and trying to help her up was the freak himself,Eddie Munson.