Chapter five

"Are they like, still alive?” One voice asked.

“Not sure. They both seems to be breathing.” A second voice responded.

“I’m sorry, but they’re dying.” Another voice spoke.

“Dr.Iplier stop saying that! They’re both still breathing!” The sentence was followed by the sound of someone being smacked upside the head and a quiet ‘Ow’.

Blank opened his eyes slowly and looked at the small crowd around them. He couldn’t make out any details but he could tell there were at least four people. Blank sat up and rubbed his eyes. He looked at the now un-blurry figures. Dr.Iplier, Yancy, Illinois and a new Ego Blank had never met before. The new Ego was in a beige jumpsuit and white turtle neck, along with a pair of boots and gloves. Just like the all of the Egos in this house, he looked like Mark.

“So, who are you?” The man asked.

“Um. I’m Blank. Nice to meet you.” Blank said, holding out a hand.

The man shook his hand. He seemed slightly nicer than some other egos he had met.
“I’m Mark. Head engineer of the Invincible II. I’m guessing you aren’t one of the people normally here?” The man now known as Mark smiled at Blank.

Blank nodded. “I normally live with...a lot less people.”

Mark let go of the handshake before looking at King. Yancy rolled his eyes and went over and gently shook King awake. King opened his eyes and yawned. Blank watched as King sat up and looked at the new Ego. His eyes went wide in joy. The two started talking and King even shook the engineers hand. Blank felt slightly out of place since he wasn’t one of Marks Egos so he had no idea who was  He figured this man was the new Ego King was talking about. If not, then Blank really needed to keep better track of these guys. He watched for a minute as the two gave basic introductions. They didn’t seem to notice him but there was a new man in the house so he wasn’t totally surprised.

He did have the feeling of being watched. He looked around and saw a man in a blue button up shirt staring at him. He seemed confused and tried to wave to the man but the man didn’t respond. The look in his eyes was either fear or worry. Not like Blank could really tell with some humans. He got up and decided to upstairs. He hadn’t really explored upstairs before or even really been in the house before. He looked around and passed a few doors. A lot of them had name tags. He did read some of Egos he didn’t fully remember.

‘Hunter Mark’

‘Night guard Mark’

‘Yandereplier’

Why were almost half of the Egos here named after Mark? Could he not think of more creative names? It wasn’t like any of Ethan’s Egos had Ethan’s name except maybe Eef but none of the Egos were really sure where the ones from an old channel went, including Eef. He figured they were all named the same to keep it easier for Mark to remember. Sure didn’t help when they would all be in a big group and someone yelled at them. He couldn’t change Marks mind on naming his own characters. It was just odd to Blank.

“The demons gone upstairs, Jim!” Someone yelled from the floor he was just on.

Blank rolled his eyes. He had no idea who Jim was but if they did constantly yell then he’d rather avoid them. He stopped when he saw Wilford walking down the hall, dusting off his shirt. Wilford looked up and a mad expression showed up on his face. He walked over to Blank and Blank had the instinct to start running. Something was holding him in place. Wilford looked slightly down at Blank. Blank had no idea what he did wrong but he didn’t really want to ask Wilford, especially not while he looked this mad.