Chapter four

XD's Pov:

"Wait, you're serious?" I questioned, as Yuki nodded her head with a straight face.

"I can speak to and understand sheep. I'm actually part sheep." She said, as I silently stared at her.

'How in the world did that come to be? Why?' I thought to myself as we went to our school locker's, which were right next to each other. As we were putting our stuff in our lockers, Yuki started talking.

"Hey, I've been meaning to ask you this.......... Are you-"

"Hey, aren't those two the human exchange students?"

"Yeah, I heard that Mammon was supposed to be looking after them."

"Well he's not doing a good job. Let's get them."

Hearing this, Yuki's eyes widened as her hugged my arm. Rolling my eyes, I looked at the demons, who had been talking.

"You know, if you're trying to be secretive, you might want to try harder. Honestly, it's like you two weren't even trying." I said, before closing my locker and leading Yuki towards our first class.

"Nice work back there."

Turning around, we saw a male with white hair.

Looking him over, I hummed

"You must be the other human exchange student. Correct?" I questioned as he nodded with a small smile.

"Yep! My name is Solomon. A word of advice, don't let demons know that you're afraid. Oh, also you dropped this." He said, holding out Yuki's d.d.d.

"Oh, I must have dropped it. Thank you." She said, taking it back.

With that, we left Solomon.

"So, Levi wants you to form a pact with Mammon, so that you can force him to pay Levi back?" I asked as we went up the stairs.

"Yeah, but I don't know how, though." Said Yuki.

"Well, maybe there's something of his that you can hold over his head." I said, as I held my chin, thinking of things that could be used to manipulate the greedy avatar.

'Definitely money. As the avatar of greed, it's only natural that he should represent his sin by being greedy and when it comes to greed, it's almost always tied to money.' I thought to myself before sensing the Eldest born.

"Lucifer." Said Yuki.

"Yuki, XD. I hope you two are finding your way around the school okay." He said, as I nodded my head.

"Yes, we've been finding our way around just fine." Said Yuki as she fiddled with the him of the school uniform.

"What does Mammon value most." I questioned, getting straight to the point, as Lucifer raised a brow.

"Hm, that would be Goldie, his credit card. Hold that over his head and you can get him to do anything. However I confiscated it. He won't be able to do anything with it, since I froze it." He said with a chuckle, before leaving.

"He didn't even tell us where it is." Said Yuki with a pout. However, I smirked.

"Froze it, huh?" I mumbled to myself, be grabbing Yuki's hand and walking to class, arriving before the bell rang.

Time Skip:

"Would you look at that. Just as I thought." I said to myself as I held a block of ice in my hands. In the center of the ice block, was a golden credit card.

"You're gonna need to be more cleaver than that if you want to outsmart me, Lucifer." I chuckled, as I held the ice block over the sink and made it melt until the credit card was free. After I dried it off, I slipped it into my pocket before going up to Mammon's room.

Knocking on the door, I waited for a minute before the door opened to reveal Mammon.

"What'cha need, human?" He questioned as he crossed his arms before letting me into his room.

"What I want is for you to make a pact with Yuki." I said as I took a seat on the sofa.

"Tch, not a chance! That would ruin my reputation!" Said Mammon as he made an X with his arms.

Tilting my head slowly, Mammon's face went pale.

Mammon POV:

As XD's tilted her head to the side, the hole in the D that was carved into the mask was suddenly filled with green eyes that glowed ominously as they all starred straight at me, as if to convey a silent message, that I instantly got.

That wasn't a question......That was a command. She was ordering me to make a pact with Yuki, or suffer the consequences.

Gulping my saliva, I nodded my head."O-ok, I'll make a pact with Yuki."

In an instant, those eyes disappeared like they were never there as XD clapped her hands together.

"There we go! See, I knew we would see things eye to eye, and since you were so willing to cooperate, I'll even reward you!" She said, causing me to raise a brow, only for my eyes to widen when she pulled Goldie out of her pocket!

"GOLDIE!?" I exclaimed, with joy as I went to grab Goldie, only for XD to keep it just out of reach.

"Not so fast. You'll get it, after the pact is made." She said as she waved Goldie back and forth, knowing that she had the upper hand.

Sighing, I followed her to the kitchen where Yuki and Levi were searching through the freezer for something. I stayed quiet as XD explained what was going on and how I was going to form a pact with Yuki. Though, I was kind of upset that it wasn't with XD.

"Alright, let's hurry and get this over with." I said, as I held my hand out to Yuki, who took it hesitantly.

One pact down, six more to go