𝟎𝟎𝟎. prologue

𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬 ━ 𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑳𝑶𝑮𝑼𝑬

𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄, that was something that she made clear to everyone who knew her

𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄, that was something that she made clear to everyone who knew her. She didn't always hate love but love wasn't for her, she used to believe in love. Melanie would tell you that she had just become more mature or she grew up, but that wasn't her thoughts.

Back when she believed in love, she was a true lover. She was always loved by her peers. She was a love angel with the lips of a devil, she would walk the earth shining through the night. That was what she was, now she doesn't even know what she's become.

𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐇𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑, Melanie was the kook sweetheart, she had friends, she was popular and had a boyfriend. Melanie was always kind to everyone and everyone was kind to her.

She was one of the rare ones, so effortlessly herself and everyone loved her for that but the world wasn't always going to make everything perfect.

She hated how the world turned on her, how she depended on the world, how she always had trusted the world to keep her heart safe and sound and hated the fact that she didn't hate the world but hated herself for the pain her heart went through.

She thought that she was the problem, she thought she was the burden to her love life, she thought she wasn't enough to make her heart happy. She wasn't thinking straight.

𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐖 𝐔𝐏, they would tell her stories of this old red pine tree where butterflies would fly around in circles.

They would tell her how the old red pine tree would stand tall and strong, her sprawling limbs clothed in emerald green and the colourful butterflies would go around her ethereal greenery.

They described her as as a mere sapling, sheltered by her elders and basking in the safety of the warm, dappled lights. But as this tree grew taller, she found herself at the mercy of the cruel wind and the vicious rain.

Together, they tore relentlessly at her boughs, until she felt as though her heart would split in two. Her mothers would keep telling her that one day, the same thing would happen to her and that she didn't need to worry about the cruel wind or the vicious rain - but do as that tree did and just keep growing.

She always thought of this story anytime she felt bad, it never really did anything but she would make herself think it did.

𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐇𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓, Melanie thought that her freshman year would have been the best year, she was wrong about that. Matt Fortini, Melanie would have said that he was the annoying older brother who she would always fight with.
God, she wished she could take back everything she said to him, she wanted to scream at him to come back , she wanted to be there every time he would come home and she wanted to give him hugs. God, she thought she was so stupid.

𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐈, was the older son of the Fortini family. He was a fun, kind, egocentric and overall normal older brother. He was another angel, another golden child. He was the only one that would joke around with you but would always notice every little thing you would do.

He was a loved soul. He would always be loved.

𝟐𝟔𝐭𝐡 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑, the cursed day. The day the Fortini Family wouldn't come back the same. The day Matt Fortini's body would be found.

Matt Fortini was cursed that day, the day he had bought his little sisters a gift, the day he had lunch with his family at his favourite restaurant, the day he went to his friend's house, the day he was killed in a car crash.

𝟐𝟔𝐭𝐡 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑, the cursed day. The day Melanie's life was turned upside down and the day she started not believing in love. The day Melanie and her family would make the decision to leave Outer Banks...

━━━━━━
❪ ៸ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 ━━━━━ ! ﹆◞ ❫
━━━━━
━━━━━ . . .
❪ . . . the prologue everyone, I don't know how to feel about it, I might edit it later ❫
❪ . . . the story that Melanie's moms tell her is from; https://pin.it/cpdJfDu❫
. . . PLEASE tell me how you guys feel about it ??
❪ . . .PLEASE don't be a ghost reader, comment and vote, I love to reply to everyone and interact with my readers, love all of you darlings <33 ❫
⠀⠀

PLEASE don't be a ghost reader, comment and vote, I love to reply to everyone and interact with my readers, love all of you darlings <33 ❫⠀⠀