𝟎𝟎𝟏. home sweet home

𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬 ━ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑶𝑵𝑬

𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄, that was how Melanie felt about Outer Banks, she hadn't been here in a whole year

After the cursed day, her family had left to England and had settled there to grieve their lost away from home.

Home wasn't home anymore, The Outer Banks were her home, her childhood, her safe place but not anymore.

Melanie didn't want to come back and she had been forced due to her mothers' surfboard business, she didn't really understand why they couldn't have done those business stuff online but they just said that she needed a good breath of the smell of the ocean water.

They had arrived there at 7 a.m which is way to early if you ask her. The moment she opened the door to her bedroom, she ran and threw herself on her king size bed.

She was exhausted from the flight and fell asleep in a matter of minute's. Her mothers were downstairs unpacking their bags and preparing dinner.

When Melanie woke up it had been an hour and a half, she decided to go downstairs and help her mothers after looking through her phone for a good 10 minutes.

Walking down the stairs, she could see that most of the bags were unpacked and neatly placed in their respective places, her mothers were expreme perfectionists.

They would always say that it was one of the things that they bonded over. Melanie waked into the kitchen and to the kitchen aisle and took an apple out of the fruit basket which was dumped with different fruits, she thought her mothers could have thrown them in.

She then walked out and started walking towards the living room where she thought she heard the mothers talking.

"No, it doesn't look good, maybe a lilac colour would be better-," Railey Fortini, a tall brunette woman who was one of her mothers said until she saw Melanie who just walked into the living room.