WangXian

A lively, yet quiet, and eventful night, was happening inside the country of Gusu. Apparently, the second Prince, was getting married.

The streets filled with crowds, red colored theme, mixed with the Gusu banner, filling the joy it's people had been these past few days before the wedding.

Yet, there's one thing missing.

Love.

As the second Prince of Gusu, Lan Wangji. He had the role of supporting his brother, the heir and their county.

Whether he could fulfil his duty or not, he would, otherwise.

Even as the role model of perfection. He didn't really take it to heart. Being bestowed the title Hanguang Jun, it doesn't really change anything.

Though, he doesn't want this marriage. He doesn't want to be with someone, whom he never met. He didn't want to add another burden on his brother's shoulder. So, he take their ministers' pressure around him.

He really didn't want this to happen. Yet, its too late to turn back. He gave up his love, to someone else he doesn't even know.

His precious someone, whom he promised to spend his lifetime with them.

His precious beloved, whom he wanted to be with.

To love, protect, find happiness, sorrow, and warmth.

His precious supposed to be partner, whom he betrayed for his home country.

Lan Wangji, himself, abandon his one and only for his hypocritical ministers, people, and unwanted selflessness.

To his love, he whispered underneath his breath, "I'm sorry, and I love you. My love." it's now or never. Even before his unwanted bride was coming inside the sedan.

He's waiting for something pathetic, he felt empty deep down. Even his brother, Lan Xichen, asks him if he's okay.

No, he's not okay. He wanted to cry. He wanted that person, not his bride.

He wanted his lovey sunshine, whom shine him with their smile.

He wanted his beloved, whom they made his inside filled with butterflies.

He wanted his love back. The love filled with true feelings, and has been buried and brought back.

Oh, how he wished to elope with them.

How he wished he wasn't a royal with such burdens.

How he wished to voice out his cries.

If it wasn't for his love on anything else, he would've been a mess for his special someone.

If only he wasn't a Prince.

The sedan is now visible, heading towards the stairs, and Lan Wangji, waiting his bride.

Red as the theme for such a joyous wedding. It wasn't, for him.

Many layers of robes, had its only happy meaning. No, wrong.

Reaching out for an hand to his bride, as per tradition.

Good thing with his cold and no such expression, he was able to hide his disgust and woe.

When his bride reach his a hand. It was fairly smooth, like his beloved. Slowly getting out, and with the red veil, Lan Wangji wasn't able to clearly see her face.

And as she stood straight, beside Lan Wangji, her height greatly resembles his love.

As Lan Wangji sniff her scent, as if checking to something. That's when he notice.