Chapter 44

Day 39 – Night: Motel – Nevada

Kirstie wanted to go to bed, but she didn't want to go by herself. They were in Scott, Mitch and Kevin's room watching some boring movie. Kirstie was not about to walk along the landing of this semi-dodgy motel by herself, last night she'd felt the need to run, like someone had been watching her. On the other hand, if she just went to sleep here someone else would have to go to the other room, no biggy. But her pyjamas are in the other room, she groaned.
     Avi turned to her, "What's wrong?"
     "I'm tired," she whined. "But I'm scared to walk to the other room by myself."
     "Oh, alright then, I'll take you back to the room if you like?" Avi offered, he'd seen the movie before, so it didn't bother him if he didn't see the end again.
     Avi and Kirstie stood up, "Kirstie's tired," he told the room.
     Scott let out a snort of laughter, "Sure she is."
     "What?" Avi frowned.
     Kirstie glared at Scott and Mitch whacked the blonde's arm.
     "Ow!" Scott complained, rubbing the spot, "Goodnight," he mumbled.
     The rest of the group said their goodbyes and Kirstie and Avi left the room.
     Esther's foot budged Scott's shoulder since he was on the floor, "You need to shut your big mouth sometimes."
     "Yeah, probably, but everyone else got that right? Like Kirst's obvs not tired," Scott chuckled.
     "We did," Mitch replied, "But note that none of us said anything," he spoke a little condescending.
     "Wait, what did we get?" Kevin asked because he hadn't picked up on what everyone else had.
     Esther rubbed Kevin's arm, "Don't worry about it sweetie."

...

Kirstie sat on the foot of the bed waiting for Avi to leave the bathroom. She was feeling impatient because she had an idea, it was just her and Avi in this room tonight, no one was going to barge in. Just him and her, and maybe, just maybe, he'd go for this.
     He was gone for a minute, maybe two, but it felt like forever for Kirstie. She gave him a big grin as he re-entered the room.
     Avi stopped in his tracks, "Why do you look guilty?"
     Her hand goes to her chest, "Me?"
     "Who else?" He chuckled.
     "Okay, well, I'm not guilty, but I do have an idea."
     "Same thing," he folded his arms.
     She rolled her eyes, trying not to laugh, "Ha-ha Avi, so funny."
     He smiled.
     "We should have a shower together."
     That smile dropped, "I don't know."
     "With our swimwear on of course. I think it could be fun," Kirstie shrugged.
     He nodded slowly but his mind was racing, thinking about what Esther said about not upsetting Kirstie, but he also must think about himself, what he was ready for. And that was why he was nodding, this thing made sense, something she wanted with a precaution to make him comfortable. Kirstie was definitely thinking about his needs, so he needed to think more about hers.
     Her smile beamed as his hesitant nod turned confident and he agreed with a "Yes."

Kirstie told Avi to get into the shower first, she sent him away with his trunks and he changed in the bathroom. She changed into her little multi-colored-heart bikini like she wore last time, but this time she didn't triple knot it, wishful thinking.
     Kirstie tied the last knot as she heard the shower turn on, her stomach did little flips, she doesn't know why, but she liked that Avi made her feel this way.
     She entered the bathroom, she had to shut the door to see the shower, and Avi was facing her. Kirstie smiled, but she didn't make a big deal about it, because that could freak him out, make him overthink. They're both body conscious, maybe that was why he was standing front on: trying to make her less nervous.
     Kirstie has to confirm though, "You okay?"
     He nodded, no words, but he opened the shower door for her, smiling as coyly as she was.
     The glass door is pulled in behind her and Kirstie swore Avi was giving off a different vibe, like confidence perhaps? And she was pleasantly surprised when his hand doesn't go from the door back to his side, but to her instead. Arm wrapped around her waist, the other followed and he pulled her into a deep kiss that she eagerly accepted, hungrily accepted. Her hands, one on the side of his face, the other getting tangled in his ever so slightly damp hair. She kept them close, and he didn't flinch. Their breathing was heavy as they pulled apart for only seconds at a time. Kirstie wasn't getting much of the water, but she didn't care, she'd had a shower that morning, so it wasn't about washing. It was about Avi, although she had thought they'd be washing each other, she wasn't complaining though, no sir.
     And no complaints were ever going to be made as his hand travelled the length of her side and stopped right at her chest, his finger brushing the curve. He wanted to, but he was hesitating, she could tell because the kiss slowed, as if he were asking, nervous because she'd told him he could, but what if? So Kirstie took his hand and encouragingly placed it, smiling into their kiss, matching too the smile formed on his face.

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't updated guys! The Whitcoulls I work at closed down, so it's been a busy past few weeks, and tomorrow I start at a new Whitcoulls (that I can't walk to, I have to take the train now) So yeah.

I hope you guys have been well, and I hope you enjoyed the chapter :)

Hannah :)