Forward

Hey, Everyone! Please read Author Notes if you haven't already. These contain trigger warnings, and yes, this chapter has some of these.

Reminder that this is only a preview. Dark Entity can be found on Amazon if you would like to purchase the full book.

Feel free to leave comments, but please, no hate. Without further ado, here if Dark Entity. Enjoy!

Darkness closed in around the house as the sun sank slowly below the horizon. The wind picked up, rattling the windows on the second floor. The flames of the black candles danced from the draft, casting eerie shadows on the walls of the upstairs room. "Are you sure you did it right?" The blonde woman stood in the doorway, fidgeting, as she watched her male companion finish marking off the hexagram.

"Yes, I'm not an idiot! The book lays out where the ley lines fall. This room is the exact center of the hexagram, and this is a mirror image of the ley lines." He placed a candle at each point of the star.

"I'm not so sure this is a good idea. You put too much trust in that book. What if something goes wrong, Chad? These are not forces to be played around with."

The young man drew a rune within each of the appropriate points of the star. "Renee, would you please stop worrying so much. You act like I've never done this before."

"You've never done anything on this scale. This isn't a simple spell; it's a major summoning usually done by an entire coven. Two people are not a coven, Chad. If we don't have enough power to hold him, he could escape the barrier and kill us. He would be free on this plane to do whatever he wanted."

He looked up at her. "Don't tell me you're chickening out on me!" He stood up and crossed the room to stand in front of her. He grabbed her face between his hands and said, "You know how important this is for me ... for us. I need you, Renee," he kissed her forcefully, then continued, "I would hate to have to snap your pretty little neck."

"I would do anything for you, Chad, you know that. I'm just asking you to be careful with this." She inched closer to her lover, putting her hands on his chest. "I love you, baby... but if you threaten me again, I'll cut off your balls and feed them to my snake."

He smiled, kissed her again, and replied, "That's my girl! Now, put the components inside the hexagram so we can finish this." He dropped his hands, slid them down to her waist, and pulled her tight against him. "After tonight, we will be more powerful than all of the coven combined. They won't have a choice but to reinstate us and give us the position in the hierarchy we deserve."

"I love it when you talk like that." Renee slid her hand across his chest as she stepped around him and walked over to the trunk in the far corner of the room. She pulled out the needed components, except for the last and most important, and placed them underneath the runes. She went back to the trunk and retrieved a dagger, a chalice, and three strips of cloth. She closed the trunk, then walked to where Chad stood in front of the lectern checking the book to be sure everything was perfect. "Are you ready?"

"I think so."

"Be sure. I don't want to die here."

He scanned the text, flipping from page to page, only to find everything in order. "It's ready. I'll go get her; you stay here and make the preparations."

She placed the goblet on the small table at the front of the room, then put the dagger to the right and the cloth to the left of the gold chalice. She turned toward the door as he reentered the room dragging the bound and gagged teenage girl behind him. "My dearest Chad, you've done very well." Renee took the girl's face in her hand, forcing her to look her in the eye. "You usually bring me whiny little cry-babies but this one... she's strong and defiant. I like her." The girl snatched away from Renee.