Chapter 39: The Crushing Palace Wall

"Coming!" Faylin yelled as she heard a knock on her door. She scrambled through the kitchen to the door, opening it quickly. "Sorry!" She said.

"Hey Faylin!"

"Hey Aayla! Come in!" Faylin closed the door behind Aayla as she walked into the living room.

"What's up?" Faylin questioned after Aayla was uncharacteristically quiet.

"Bly and I are leaving in a few days. We're going to Simocadia for three days. And I want to go back, I do-" she stopped and looked at Faylin, who carried a suprised expression.

"Have fun!" She said cheerfully. "Oh wait- that's the planet with the undercover mission, right?"
Aayla nodded at Faylin's question. "It's understandable that you're scared, then. Did you talk to Bly about it?" Aayla nodded again. "Okay, that's good."

"I'm just worried I'll freak out or have a flashback and ruin the trip." Aayla quickly admitted to Faylin.

"I can guarantee that Bly will not care. I mean- obviously he'll care that you're okay, but not about 'ruining' the trip." Faylin reassured Aayla as much as she could.

"Right. Right. Thanks, Faylin. You're literally the best."

"Haha, sure." Faylin said sarcastically. "Do you want a snack?"

"Sure."

.oOo.

Reno walked through the door angrily, throwing it open.

"What the kriff, Reno?" Bly yelled from the couch.

"Sorry. I wanted a dramatic entrance." Reno bowed for applause.

"I'm not clapping for you, di'kut."

"Fine then." Reno said sourly and sat down in a chair.

Sid walked in only five minutes later, and unlike Reno, he did not make a dramatic enterance.

"What's up? Why did I need to walk all the way up here?" Sid flopped down in the other armchair.

"I wanted to tell the two of you di'kuts that Aayla and I are taking the LAAT to Simocadia for vacation for a few days." Bly explained.

"Why do I know that name?" Reno questioned Bly.

"That's the planet that they went undercover on, Reno." Sid said. "Are you sure that's a good idea, Vod?"

"Aayla said it would be fine." Bly defended himself verbally.

"Okay then."

"Have fun!" Reno, in his childish ways, wiggled his eyebrows.

"You're such a di'kut!" Bly threw a pillow at him.

"I know!" Reno smiled.

.oOo.

It was sunrise when Aayla and Bly had the last of their belongings for the trip packed away in the cupboards and closet they had put on the LAAT. They flew off of Sicemon just as the sun had fully risen. The flight to Simocadia was a total of eight hours.

Aayla and Bly spent the first two hours watching a holomovie. Then they played Dejarik for an hour. With five hours left, they decided to eat some breakfast. After eating, the pair scrolled through Galacflix in attempt to find a new holoshow to binge watch. They decided on a show that was based off the Clone War called "Trials of War". Although they chose it to make fun of the inaccuracy, they decided to be nice about it. Aayla and Bly got through the first season on the flight to Simocadia. They discovered that it was incredibly fake. The premise was their life- a clone and a Jedi like each other but its against both of their rules. Bly kept laughing at the actor of the clone, who was a super famous actor from Coruscant. The actress who played the Jedi was a Togruta who had won dozens of awards the previous year. Aayla and Bly thought the show was okay, but incredibly inaccurate.