@~The beginning~@

Ranboo

Date: 5.5.22

I click upload and watch the video. It shouldn't take long as the video is hardly 1 minute long. I sit back and think about it.Imagine if it was one minute long, then it would match the title. The video uploads with no sudden warning. I click on the statistics and watch as the viewer count climbs.I smile to myself and take one last look at the channel page. Generation loss. "The lostfield incident" A case I had stumbled across on a website dedicated to unsolved cases. I don't know why this one caught my eye but it did and here we are.

I click off the tab and close it down and consider tweeting or maybe streaming. I upload the link to the "RANMAIL but spooky" in the discord server and sign out. I'll stream tomorrow maybe, maybe a QnA before I go to bed. Plus Amisey is coming round later anyway so I might stream then. I have a chair to build.

Update: I built the chair, Amisey has now decided to stay the night so she's sleeping on the couch because like the true gentleman I am, I refused to give up my room.

Later that night...

"Mark" (A/N Yeah you know where I got Mark from just roll with it lmao)

I start awake at the sound of my name. I sit up and look around my room, I'm sure I just heard someone say my name. As my eyes adjust to the dark, my breath catches in my throat and I freeze.

I swear to god my heart stops.

There's someone in the corner of my room.

And it's not Aimsey. I know it's not Aimsey because she is not that tall.

This person seems well built and maybe the same height or slightly smaller than me. However there seems to be something wrong with them as if they are injured maybe. There's the steady drip sound of some sort of liquid hitting the carpet. With every hit of the floor I swear my heart drops a little.

This is real. This is real. There is someone in my room in the middle of the night. Just stood there. Standing. As you do. Watching.

I blink, a movement so small, quick and routinely however in a split second the figure is gone and I'm alone again.

Stupid Mark, you're being stupid, of course there was no one there, just your eyes playing tricks on you.

Yeah, I thought I was being stupid as well. 

Until I switched on the light and saw the blood in the corner of my room. And the writing on the wall. And the figure outside the window.

OUTSIDE THE WINDOW.

ON THE FIRST FLOOR OF MY HOUSE.

FIRST. FLOOR.

OF.MY.HOUSE.

Then as in all good horror movies (except this is real life) in the blink of an eye, they're gone.

Except after in horror movies the main character usually doesn't pass out from fear after. (I would not make it in a horror movie at all)

I eventually come to on the floor with Amisey looking terrified above me. (Never thought I'd say that in my life).

"I'm fine, fell out of bed." I reassure her, pulling myself up.

A look of relief floods her face but she doesn't look convinced.

Then again it's 3 am and if it was the other way round, I certainly wouldn't care (I probably wouldn't even wake up and check that she's alright)

I (attempt to) casually stroll out of the room, steadying myself on the doorframe and enter the bathroom.

I don't even know why I'm in here if I'm gonna be honest.Maybe it was just to prove to Aimsey that I'm alright. I sit on the edge of the bath and sip water from the tap. I grimace at the state of british tap water and pour the rest down the sink.

What the living hell just happened?