! the reunion !

𝟬𝟬𝟳

A KNOCK ON EL'S DOOR CAUSED HER TO LOOK OPEN FROM HER PIECE OF PAPER AND USE HER POWERS TO OPEN IT. She was laid on the floor at the moment, a piece of paper and many scattered colored crayons in front of her. The girl had been there all morning, only getting up to call her boyfriend and ask him if he wanted to hang out. Then she got distracted by the nightmare she had woken up from this morning when Hopper came to comfort her.

Seven. That was the only thing swirling around her mind.

On the other side of the door, she heard Mike step in the room, close the bedroom door behind him and say, "Hey, El."

"Hi, Mike." She didn't look up from her drawing, busy coloring with the black crayon.

He noticed, of course, seeing that she was on the ground drawing something and decided to join her. It was a drawing of two people, one of them was taller than the other with a triangle white dress on and no hair. The other shorter one had the same white dress on and no hair. The only difference between the two that he could see along with the height was the eyes. The taller one had bright green eyes while the smaller one had brown ones.

The labels above their heads said, "Seven" and "Eleven".

"Seven? Who's Seven?" Mike asked her as he looked over her shoulder at the art.

"My friend...from the lab."

He let out a small chuckle before saying, "Yeah, I kind of guessed that from the name," She also let out a small laugh at that before he asked, "Can you tell me about her?"

El paused for a moment, looking at the drawing of Seven, "She was amazing. She had the prettiest green eyes. She took care of me when I had no one else."

"'Was'? Is she dead?"

"I...don't know. Before my escape, they moved her to somewhere else. I don't where though or if she's still alive."

Then she noticed something, Hopper wasn't yelling at the two of them for keeping the door closed and not open three inches. In fact, El couldn't hear anything coming from the living besides the mumbled words from the tv. So she stood up quietly, inching towards her door and opening it with without a sound, in case Hopper was asleep in his chair. But he wasn't. He was sat on the couch, staring at the tv with great intent.

"What is it?" El asked him, Mike following her out of her bedroom to see what was going on.

Her dad didn't look at her, only raising a hand towards the news channel that was on at the moment. Her eyes widened when she saw what the they talking about.

"This earlier this afternoon, a huge fire broke out inside the Hawkins Lab on the west side of town. But this is no ordinary fire, the flames appear to be green! Firefighters on the scene are saying that it was caused by a chemical spill, if the difficulty to put it out and the color are anything to go by. But others are saying that something else caused the start of this fire after the strange things that have happened at the other Hawkins lab. There haven't been any reports of survivors at the moment, anyone in the fire burnt beyond recognition or gone completely out of the 526 people who worked ther..."

"El? El, what's wrong?" Mike asked, shaking her shoulder slightly as she hadn't moved since staring at the television.

A tear had rolled down her cheek without her noticing, her mouth slightly open in shock as she heard the news.