Chapter 1

Took a deep breath. You got this! Just open the-

Before I could even touch the handle a fair, blonde boy opened the door. He had cold eyes, blue like ice. I smiled at him awkwardly.

"Hi, er... Is thi-"

"Tch."
He pushed past me in disgust. Rude. I dusted off my clothes to get rid of the filthy residue from that asshole's stinky attitude. I peered through the doorway, a group of friendly faces waved to me. One boy with fluffy black hair jogged over to me, his hair flounced with each step. He smiled a lot, it was nice to see after that jerk blondie.

"Hello! You must be Y/N, it's lovely to have you here. It'll be refreshing to have a girl in the club," He held his hand out to shake, "Different perspective you know?" I took his hand and shook it, "I'm Kai by the way, cofounder of the club. You can just mingle if you like, we have to wait for Hans to bring the laptops."

I set down my backpack and took off my jacket. I turned around and two other boys were there.

"Hey! I'm Emmanuel, this is Leo. Have you ever heard of Rachel Castle?"
Said a boy who had a gorgeous dark complexion. Oh to have such clear, beautiful skin like his! Emmanuel's taller, quieter friend, Leo, had light brown hair and a serious face. Leo only nodded at me.

"I haven't. Who is Rachel Castle?"

"YOU DON'T KNOW RACHEL CASTLE!? What have you been doing? You need to see it."
Emmanuel flailed his arms about like one of the inflatable noodle men you see at car dealerships.

"It's a TV show."
Leo added. The two seemed to be good friends. I felt more relaxed after talking to them, they were both very nice. Just then Hans walked through the door holding six laptops, just enough so that everyone except me will have one. Isn't that just lovely? Everyone took a laptop but Kai didn't, instead he used the teacher's computer at the top of the classroom. Leaving a computer for me!

"So today gentlemen... and lady, can't forget about you! Today we're going to do Hans' favourite topic, cyber security!"
Kai announced and Hans stood up to do a brief on the basics. He actually seemed like and okay dude, maybe he was just going through something earlier. When he finished presenting I smiled at him as he came to sit down again. And so, like the sweetheart he is, he rolled his eyes at me.

Absolute douche!

Everyone else was preoccupied with turning on their laptops to notice it happen. So I decided to ignore Hans and turn on my laptop too.

"Hey, Y/N. Hey, hi, hey."
The dude next to me whispered, trying to catch my attention.
"My name's Michéal, pleasure to meet you."
He also went for a handshake. Or so I thought! He held my hand and gave it a small kiss.
"Aside from coding, what brings a girl like you to a club full of boys?"

"Uh, I'm not looking for a boyfriend you know. I literally am only here for coding."
I pulled my hand away, unsure of Michéal.

"Hmmm, is that so... Suit yourself sunshine."
We both got back to work, practicing IP address checks in the HTML/CSS/JavaScript compiler. I heard Leo and Emmanuel chatting in the background, so were Kai and Hans. I decided to sit somewhere else, chat to someone else. I didn't want to hear Hans' stupid voice. So I got up and moved.

"Hey, can I sit here?"
I asked this other dude, I haven't talked to him yet.

"Sure! I'm Melvin by the way."
He fistbumpped me.

"How's coding going?"

"You too."
He took a moment to process what he just said.
"-I mean! Ugh, dang it..."

"Words am I right?"

"Yep."
We laughed and continued to code. I think Melvin is cool, he's chill. Melvin's a real homie! At first was anxious but I think I'm gonna like it here. I think I'm gonna like this club.