II. PLATFORM 9 AND 3/4

chapter two; the philosophers stone

1991

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

Elodie woke at five o'clock on September 1st and was too excited and nervous to go back to sleep. She got up and pulled on a light pink dress with a pair of black flats because she didn't want to walk into the station in her witch's robes, she'd change on the train. She checked her Hogwarts list again to ensure she had everything she needed and then made her way downstairs for breakfast. Two hours later, Elodie's, Jake's and Tori's huge, heavy trunks had been loaded into the Wilson's car, and they had set off.

They reached King's Cross at ten. Mrs. Wilson put her children's trunks onto a cart each for them and walked into the station with her children. 

"Will you three be alright making it to Hogwarts?" Mrs. Wilson asked as she checked her watch. "I need to be at work in a half hour."

"We'll be okay Mum," Tori said smiling and Elodie nodded.

"Okay my darlings," Mrs. Wilson said as she hugged all her children and kissed them all on the forehead. "Stay safe and please make sure Ellie is alright."

"We will," Jake said.

"I'll see you either at Christmas or in the summer," Mrs. Wilson said, "have a safe journey and I love you all. I have to go to work now, but stay safe." Mrs. Wilson smiled at her children before she walked off. 

"Excuse me."

Elodie turned around and saw a girl standing alone. She had a bossy sort of voice, lots of bushy brown hair, and rather large front teeth, and she had the same trunk as Elodie.

"Did you say you were going to Hogwarts?"

"Yeah we did," Elodie said smiling, "are you heading there as well?"

"I am," the girl said smiling, "I'm a first year."

"Me too," Elodie said smiling. "Elodie Wilson."

"Hermione Granger." 

"Did you want us to help you get onto the platform?" Tori asked as Hermione nodded.

"If that's alright," she said as Tori nodded.

"Of course," he said, "follow me you two." 

Elodie and Hermione grinned at each other before following Leah and Jake to platforms nine and ten. 

"So what you need to do," Jake said, "is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Don't stop and don't be scared you'll crash into it, that's very important. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous." Hermione and Elodie exchanged nervous looks. 

"Here," Tori said smiling, "I'll show you how to do it."

Elodie watched as her sister ran towards the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Just as Elodie thought she was about to crash, she disappeared. 

"Ellie, off you go."

Rue nodded, pushed her trolley around and stared at the barrier. It looked very solid.

She started to walk toward it. People jostled her on their way to platforms nine and ten. Elodie walked more quickly. She was going to smash right into that barrier and then she'd be in trouble. Leaning forward on her cart, she broke into a heavy run, the barrier was coming nearer and nearer. She wouldn't be able to stop, the cart was out of control. She was a foot away and she closed her eyes ready for the crash, but it never came. She kept on running.