Part 2 - A New Evil Arises - Chapter Nineteen: Unsettled

Chapter Nineteen

Unsettled

Troy

            It's been two weeks since Adrian and my parents left. Adrian had become increasingly difficult and refused to join us. He made it very clear that no one could make him do something he really did not want to do. He definitely had a Rebel Heart, Un Corazón Indomable.

            Things here at the Shiba house were going well, but at the same time I didn't know how to get over what I had done as Diakos. Karone, who was once the evil Astronema, told me not to blame myself as I was a victim of Darkonda's, just like she was. Darkonda had sure turned me into an evil individual, someone who was the complete opposite of who I really was.

            I sat in the training room by myself. All this time, I kept thinking about Adrian and all the things I did to him that made him suffer. I couldn't fully blame him for not wanting to be a ranger, but at the same time he was being so difficult and rebellious with me, that I essentially felt I had no control over him the way I once did. Now, he was growing into an individual with his own mindset. He was now used to looking out for himself, something he clearly had to learn to do while I was away being a power ranger, and of course while I was the brainwashed Diakos.

            "Hey cousin" said Jayden, walking in.

            "Oh hey" I attempted a smile.

            "What are you doing sitting here alone?" he sat next to me.

            "Nothing, just thinking."

            "About?"

            I sighed. "About Adrian."

            "Yeah, I'm wondering what it is he's doing now."

            "Same here. He's probably skating at some skate park...who knows."

            "I'm sure he's ok."

            "I hope you're right...because he is a handful."

            He laughed. "Yeah, that much was evident during his stay here."

            "I'm just wondering how he's going to manage to stay out of trouble. Usually, I've been the one who's had to pull him out of the precarious situations he's gotten himself into."

            "Has he struggled a lot?"

            "He's struggled with bullies, which is where I usually came in to defend him, but he usually always thinks with his fists, before thinking with his head. It's what's gotten him into a lot of trouble.

            "Wow" he chuckled. "I guess that's the duty of a big brother, to look out for the baby brother."

            "You got that right. The thing about him, is that he's not afraid to fight to defend himself. He's always been independent in that regard, but at the same time what makes him dependent, is that someone always has to get him out of the hairy situations he gets into."

            "Look, he's a good boy. Sure he's a bit of a rebel."

            "A bit?"

            "Ok, he's a real rebel" he grinned. "But that's also what made him a good ranger and a good fighter to begin with. And also the way he used those symbol powers, I was completely in awe that he learned so quickly."