Part 3 - A Twist in Time - Chapter Forty: Saif Quest

Chapter Forty

Saif Quest

Adrian

"Power down!" Troy and I said together.

"What just happened? How did we get here?" Troy asked.

"We brought you guys back" said Vida. "You're not ready to fight Evren."

"Look, we've beaten who knows how many of his kind" I said. "Or my brother and our friends have at least."

"Evren is not like any villain you've ever faced before" said Udonna. "He's invulnerable to your powers. They may injure him or stop him briefly. But ultimately it would be futile."

"So you're saying that he's invincible?" I asked, hoping that was not the case here.

"No, he's not...but there is a power that can stop him" said Nick. "But there is a power than can stop him."

"Which power?" asked Gia.

I looked at everyone, from the mystic force rangers, to the rest of my brother's friends. Finally, Orion stepped up. "There is a power that is hidden deep in the Altai Mountains...the power of the Saif sword."

This revelation was beginning to scare me. I was the only one here with a direct connection to the Saif sword. I was the Saif ranger, in my time at least I was. Here, I was the White Mystic Nazar Ranger. Something told me that I was the key to all of this, but if I was the key to defeating Evren, then how was I supposed to do it if I didn't have access to my Saif Ranger powers? And also, from what my mom told me, the Saif Saber was once in possession of a cousin of hers from Lebanon, so how did it end up in the Altai Mountains?

"Then we'll get this sword and defeat Evren once and for all" said Troy.

"It's not that easy" said Emma. "We know that the sword is in the Altai Mountains, but its exact location is unknown, as it was hidden away the last person who previously wielded it" she clarified, which answered my question. "But there is a manuscript in Lebanon with its exact location. It's being kept hidden in a Museum in Beirut."

"Nothing is ever easy, is it?" I sighed.

"Sadly, no" said Leanbow. "But you're rangers...you can overcome any obstacle."

"So when do we go?" I asked.

"Actually" Emma began. "You guys have to go on your own."

"What?" I asked, surprised.

"Yes" Udonna said. "Evren is after your family. I've left enchantments at your house, and have also temporarily enchanted your parents, including you here in the present. That way they'll be undetectable to him."

"But why do we have to go alone? Chances are we're going to be cornered by some form of evil out there" I said, feeling uneasy about doing this without the rest of the team.

"Here" Udonna handed Troy and I Nazar necklaces. "These are enchanted, so evil will not track you."

"So we'll be shielded?" Troy asked.

"Yes" Xander said. "We've combined all of our powers to keep you out of Evren's sight."

"So we just break into the museum and take the manuscript?" I asked, unsure if I sounded sarcastic or not.

"It's called: Makhtotah El-Saif!" said Nick.

"Manuscript of the Saif" I said.