Emergency

"Hey Grandpa." Elena said, talking on the phone. "Wait. Slow down. What happened to Grams?" she asked, looking worried.
"She wasn't feeling well, so I gave her her medicine. Just before she took it, she fainted." he answered.

"Where is Mom and Dad? You have to take her..." she said, frantically.

"... We're already at the hospital. They are on their way from Newport Beach."

"I will be there soon." 

"You don't need to come. It is fine. We just wanted you to know." her grandfather says.
"I am already in my car." she said, lying, after hearing the worry in her grandfather's voice.
"I know you are lying, Elena. But alright. We're at San Jose St. Bonaventure."
"Okay. See you soon."

"Guys, I got to..." she begins to explain to her staff.
"We got this covered. Go. Be with your family. Myself and Lynn will lock up." said Justin, an employee.

"Thanks. However, I am not sure when I will be back so you are going to have to hold the fort." she said to him.

"Okay. I hope she is okay." Justin replied.
"Me too."

She leaves and stops by her house to pack some clothes. After 10 minutes of rushed packing, she leaves Salinas and drives to San Jose.

She struggles to stop herself from crying all the way till San Jose, thus making it a bit difficult to drive. Once there, she stops to get composure.

After another ten minutes, she arrives at San Jose St. Bonaventure Hospital.
She gets out of the car and sprints to the front desk.

She catches her breath.

"Excuse.. Me.. I am looking... For Kristina Logan."

"Elena! In here." It was her grandfather.

She walked over and saw her grandmother, who was fidgeting with the blanket. "Elena! What are you doing here?" she said, gesturing that her granddaughter gives her a hug.

"Grandpa called. He said I did not have to come, but I knew I had to." she answered.
"They took her for some tests in the meantime while you were on your way here." her grandfather said.

A doctor entered.

"Hello again, Mr Logan." he said to Elena's grandfather.

"How are you feeling, Mrs Logan?" he asked.
"Please, call me Kristina. Oh, and this is my granddaughter, Elena."
The doctor turns to Elena.
"Oh. Hello. I am Dr. Melendez. I am your grandmother's doctor." he said, extending his hand.

"Hi." she said, shaking it.

"Isn't she beautiful?" her grandmother asked with a beaming smile. The question is clearly directed at Dr. Melendez.

"Grams..." Elena said, rolling her eyes, embarrassed and annoyed. He smiles and rubs the back of his neck. "Umm..." he said.
She changes the subject.

"My grandmother was taken for tests. Is something wrong? Is it the transplant? The pancreas? Or is it something else?" she interrupted, before he could say anything.

"Elena, let the doctor talk. Stop asking so many questions." her grandmother said, gesturing at her to stop talking.

"Sorry." Elena said to Dr. Melendez.
He chuckles. "It's okay. And no, it is not her pancreas. We are still running some more tests."

Elena fidgeted, worriedly.

Dr. Melendez turned towards her, trying to provide her with reassurance. "We will find out what is wrong and we will take good care of her."