Chapter 8

Peter walked through the halls of the Bugile towards Mr. Jameson's office. When he arrived, he was met with a surprise. Jameson was sitting there with that Eddie Brock guy that he met before.

"Hi." Peter said, drawing the attention of the two men.

"Parker, sit down." Jameson said.

"What's up?" Brock asked when Peter took a seat next to him.

"Eh you know......the ceiling and stuff." Peter said. Brock smirked a bit and turned to Jameson again.

"So Parker, I summoned you and Brock over here for a grand opportunity. Mr. Brock here has made quite an impression as of late with some of the pictures he has brought in. And now I'm not sure which freelance photographer I want to roll with in the future. So I'm gonna let you two decide for me." Jameson explained.

"Okay.......how?" Peter asked, getting more concerned about his place in the Bugile.

"Something new has appeared in the city. And I want you to take a picture of it. Whoever takes the best picture wins the job. Which means the usual crap that both of you provide won't cut it since you'll be full time." Jameson said.

"Of course, Mr. Jameson! You name it, I'll get it!" Brock said triumphantly. Peter gave him a bit of a side look before returning back to Jameson.

"There is a giant lizard now on the loose in the city! A GIANT LIZARD!" Jameson explained. "I'll need a picture for the front page."

Great. Not only did he have to find Connors to cure him, but now he also needs to take a picture of him to save his job. Typical Parker luck.

"You got it Mr. Jameson!" Brock said, dashing out of the office faster than a speeding bullet. Jameson was shaking his head in a disapproving way afterwards.

"Something wrong Mr. Jameson?" Peter asked.

"The guy didn't even stay for all of the information. Reports last saw the lizard near Harlem. Start there. Maybe you can get a glimpse of him." he said.

"Got it. Thanks Mr. Jameson." Peter said. Then he paused and looked back. "Is......that all or is there more?"

Jameson rolled his eyes. "What are you expecting my autobiography? Go!" he said, and Peter quickly obliged.

As he was heading outside, he then remembered Wanda and dialed her number when he was in a more private place. "This is Wanda. Leave a message." Wanda's speed dial said through his ear.

"Hey Wanda. Listen up, I think I have a lead on where the Lizard may be. Reports say he was last seen near Harlem. I'm just calling to warn you. Stay away from the area. Don't want to risk you getting hurt. I know you can take care of yourself but.........I just don't wanna take any chances. I'll meet up with you later. And this is Peter by the way.......Parker." he said, before hanging up the phone.

He then went to the top of the roof and started changing into his Spider-Man gear. Then he swung off in the direction of the apartment for the cure. Then he would make a beeline for Harlem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanda was spending the day at the FEAST shelter. What Peter told her about helping others and about how when you help someone, you help everyone.......it made an impact on her. She wasted little time going back to the shelter and trying to look for new ways to help people.

So far, she had helped a couple of people with making some food in the kitchen area and helped an old lady who had fallen down near the entrance to the shelter. While they were not bold acts of heroism, they did make a positive impact on her.