Introduction

^The theme song because, of course, I HAD TO.^

Disclaimer: I do not own the X-Men. All rights belong to Disney. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that out of the way, let me introduce what I've been working on recently - fanfiction! Particularly, fun fanfiction centering around two of my favorite fandoms X-Men and Harry Potter (more on the latter, later). I grew up watching X-Men: The Animated Series, and fell in love immediately with short-stack Wolverine, southern-belle Rogue, and perhaps most of all, the single best member of the Tieves guild, Gambit.

Also, Apocalypse...downright terrifying for a cartoon character, am I right? 

And Mister Sinister? Classic villain. 

So I wanted to write my own fanfiction about them while incorporating something else I love - talking trees! 

That's right. The tree ents from LoTR? Love 'em! The apple trees from The Wizard of Oz who Dorothy insults and therefore rightfully gets apples lobbed at her face? They were the best. 

You might have already been able to tell of my fondness for talking, finnicky foliage if you've read Abbernathy and the Cat Kingdom. There's a very prominent near-dead persimmon tree that is one of my favorite characters, though he has yet to speak. Yet...

So that's the genesis of this weird brain child. My love of 90s animation, superheroes in brightly-colored spandex, mutant abilities and talking trees. Mix all of the above and voila

X-Trees. 

If you want a fun (albeit dark and surprisingly serious at times) take on the X-Men as Trees, that's full of puns and word play (Wolverine? Oh no. In this, the snarky Canadian is Wolvergreen, that's right) healthy relationships, queer representation, friendship and trauma, then this story's for you! 

It's written with a comic book format in mind (hopefully, it's easy to read). 

If you decide to check it out, I hope you have as much fun reading it as I have writing it. 

XO

Octavia