An unexpected (or expected) letter

"Darling, can you go get the mail, I'm sure there's something in there you'd be happy to see." Dad says with a smile on his face and a pan in front of him as he cooks. "Sure?" I don't really know what I'd get but oh well, I go outside the front of the house and open our mailbox only to go back to the door and see a letter in front of it.

"Weird, who leaves letters at the door when there's a perfectly good box." I pick it up to see a Hogwarts seal and my name on the envelope, I gasp as I start to open it on my way back in. My papa comes down the stairs to the smell of bacon and eggs when he notices me staring at the envelope.

"Ya gonna open it or is it just going to sit in your hands forever" he says ruffling my hair and going to the kitchen. I open the letter to be met with ;

"Dear Mr Lowry
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.
Yours sincerely,
𝓜𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓻𝓿𝓪 𝓜𝓬𝓖𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓵𝓵
Deputy Headmistress"

A droplet of water from my right lands on my cheek as I quickly look at the second page ;

"UNIFORM
First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.
COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)
by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic
by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory
by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration
by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi
by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions
by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection
by Quentin Trimble
OTHER EQUIPMENT
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.
PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS
ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK"

I rush to the kitchen to show dad what I got and when I do I'm met with laughter "see, there was no reason for you to worry" He continues to giggle as pa speaks up "come on, eat your breakfast so we can go get your books the sooner the less busy all the shop'll be"

I quickly devour the food dad's made me and then we leave for Diagon Ally. Our first stop is 'Ollivanders' to get my wand, the first he gave me was the one, a wand with wood of vine and a core of a dragon heartstring. Next we make our way to 'Madam Malkin's robes for all occasions' it doesn't take long for us to get my robes.

Then we get to 'Flourish and Blotts' and get my necessary books plus a few others I found interesting. Dad said we already had everything else so we went over to 'The Magical Menagerie' to get me my own cat, we already had two but this one would be solely mine and not a family pet.

I ended up getting a Maine coon pure white and my parents only laughed at her size, she was quite small for her breed and age but it sat just right with me. Now that we had everything we got some ice cream and spent the rest of our day bonding with our newest family member whom I decided to name Lizzy.

Lizzy and our other two cats, snow and jade get along really nice, it's very surprising since jade usually hates everything. I sleep away the end of summer with my family anticipating what Hogwarts might be like, from my parents story's, fun hell.

The day comes and we get everything ready in a bit of a hurry but I think it's made up for when my dad goes over everything three times.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝓐𝓷 𝓮𝔁𝓽𝓻𝓪 𝓼𝓽𝓾𝓭𝓮𝓷𝓽 || Harry Potter fanfic 🎉