chapter one

Chapter one

I rush around my room, trying to get everything ready. Addyson and I are having a sleepover, and I may or may not have waited until the last minute to set everything up. I glance at the clock. It's almost 6 o'clock...She'll be here any minute!

I throw a bunch of fluffy blankets onto my bed and run down the stairs. Suddenly my phone rings, startling me. I turn the volume down and answer it.

"Raelynn, sweetie...I'm not going to be home for another two days. My flight was canceled." My mother tells me.

I balance the phone between my shoulder and my ear while I open the microwave. I pull out the steaming bag of popcorn and pour it into a bowl.

"That sucks...Uhm...So, 2 days?" I ask, completely distracted. "Yeah, is that okay? If you're not comfortable staying alone I can see if you can stay with one of your friends." "No, no...it's fine," I assure her. "I'll be okay. Uhm...Addys coming over for a sleepover. That's okay, right?" "Of course!" "Okay, cool."

I set the bowl of popcorn down on the counter and step into the hallway. "Okay, sweetie, I've got to go...I have a meeting in a few minutes." My mom sighs. She's obviously stressed out. I wish she didn't have to work so much.

"Alright, bye." "Bye...Love you!" "I love you too, Mom," I say, hanging up. I stare at myself in the mirror and fix my hair a bit.

I open the door as the bell rings, and Addyson walks in, smiling. "What's up," She says, taking off her white sneakers. "Dude, you're make-up looks amazing!" I tell her. "Thank you! Your curls are so cute...I wish my hair looked like yours," "Uhm, we can switch!" I joke.

We walk into the kitchen and grab the hot bowl of popcorn before heading up to my room. I wrap myself in a blanket and turn on the tv, tossing the remote to Addy. Her indecisive ass scrolls through Netflix for what feels like hours.

"Addy, Pick something already!" I sigh. "There's nothing good to watch." She shrugs. I roll my eyes, "Just find something." "Fine. Let's watch Saved by the Bell." She says, smiling sarcastically, "Happy now?" "Very," I nod.

TIME SKIP,

"What now?" Addy asks. I shrug, "No idea," We sit in silence for a moment, trying to come up with something. "I auditioned for this new TV show a few days ago," I tell her. "Wait, that's so cool! I hope you get the role!" She squeals. "Yeah...I don't think I will," I laugh. "Stop, you're going to jink it!" She scolds. I jokingly throw my hands up in the air, "My bad,"

"Oh! We could make little scrapbooks," I suggest. "Omg, yes!" She says excitedly. "Alrighty," I start, walking to my desk. "I don't have like packets of glitter or anything, but I have gel pens and stickers." Addyson nods as I drop a colorful box onto my bed.

"I got these from the dollar store," I smile, handing her a small empty book. "Dollar store," She chuckles, "Who the fuck goes to dollar store?" "Me," I say, throwing a sticker packet at her.

I pick a page and start drawing random shit. I really hope I get the role, not gonna lie. It's a pretty big character, and the plot is super interesting. Addy grabs my phone and points it at me, "Smile!"

"No," I roll my eyes, ignoring her. She takes a photo and posts it on my Instagram. I grab my phone from her and set it down on my nightstand.

TIME SKIP,

"Addyson! You're going to ruin it," I scream as she stretches a blanket tightly across two chairs. "Bruh, you messed it up," I whine. "No, I made it better. Now it doesn't sag."