3

Alec's pov:

I could tell it kept bothering him for the rest of the time that we hung out in the city. 

But he didn't try to say anything about making a deal to get my wings back so i took that as a win. 

Yes, i meant it when i said I'll cut them off myself if he makes a deal to get them back from Asmodeous. 

I will not carry the weight of a part of him for the rest of my life. 

"I need to go to the institute. I'll see you tonight." I kissed his cheek as we stopped in front of the loft building. 

He hummed softly. I could tell he was deep in thought. 

I held his chin and made him look at me. "Do you think any less of me now that i don't have the wings you adored so much?" 

"Of course not!" He frowned. 

"Then that's enough for me, Magnus. Believe me." I smiled pecking his lips. 

He sighed and nodded. "Ok fine." 

"Keep my words in mind before thinking of doing anything stupid. You know I don't make promises i can't keep." I warned. 

He huffed and shook his head. "I know. I can tell you meant what you said. I won't try to do anything stupid." 

"Good. I'll be home at around 9." I smiled and kissed his cheek again before turning and walking in the direction of the institute. 
.
.
.
When i went into my office, Jace and Izzy were waiting for me on the couch in front of the desk. 

Jace had a wide grin on his face while Izzy looked kind of worried. 

"Man, i just about threw up because of the constant stream of sappiness coming through the bond since last night." Jace chuckled. 

I grinned and went in closing the door behind me. 

"You did it, didn't you?" Izzy asked softly. 

I nodded. 

I know it's no use lying to her when she knows everything. 

"Alec... Are you sure you're going to be ok?" She got up and came up to me. 

"I'll be fine. Might have a hard time sometimes, but I'm not alone. So it won't be too bad." I assured. 

She still looked worried. 

"So mind telling me what's going on?" Jace got up from the couch and came up to us. 

He had a serious expression on his face now. 

Izzy nodded. "Only between the 3 of us?" 

I sighed. "Fine. I made a deal with Asmodeous. I gave my wings in exchange for Magnus' magic and immortality." 

His eyes widened comically at that. "Is that why i felt a sharp pain in my shoulderblades yesterday?" 

I nodded. "I tried to block the bond so you wouldn't feel it, but my control slipped for a few minutes." 

"That's not the problem here. You really gave up your wings so he can get his magic and immortality back?" He stepped closer. 

"Yes. And I'll do it again without batting an eye." I answered looking at him straight in the eyes. 

There was complete silence as we stared into each other's eyes for a few minutes. 

I could tell he was trying to see if i was lying or not. 

"You really love him, don't you?" He sighed after he found what he was looking for. 

"Of course. I wouldn't propose to him if i didn't." I smiled.