03.00

Waking up with a killer headache was not fun. After last night's events, Poppy thought it was a good idea to drown her sorrows with the red bottle of wine she found in the fridge. Rubbing her face and sitting upright from her bed, 'great,' she thought. She needed to add a wine to her grocery list and probably chocolates as a sorry for the owner. Stretching a little, she stands and heads toward her desk. 

Filled and messed up with papers with the profiles of the aviators and the F-19s. She fumbles with the documents, her heart clenching painfully when she sees Bradley's picture. Placing that file on the very bottom, she picks up the file of the F-19s. Biting her lip, a naughty thought creeps into the back of her head. She thinks hard and creates a self-debate scenario in her head. Looking down at her hands as she tries to imagine the different outcomes in her head.

"Fuck it." She muttered before letting out a huge grin. She grabs her phone to make a call.

>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<

Walking into the hangar with the shades she took from her dad, feeling smug. She sees the giant American flag hanging behind her dad as he talks to the aviator squad for the detachment. She wasn't supposed to be here, but she just called in the best favor ever. 

"Today, we'll start with only what you think you know. You show me what you are made of." Her dad speaks to the class. Holding back a snort, she chimes in, making everyone present turn to her.

"By starting with your plane."

"Chief Engineer, what are you doing here?" Admiral Simpson, Cyclone, asks in disbelief as she stops in front of him.

"Got some papers, sir," She said before handing the approval file to him.

She looks at her dad and gives him a slight smirk as he raises an eyebrow at her.

"Impossible." Cyclone mutters before passing it to Warlock beside him.

Warlock opens the file, and his jaw drops. He stares at her and then back at the file, not believing what he read.

"Believe it, sir." She said cheekily, remembering the words he told her when she arrived.

She pushes through the two admirals before dropping the files on the desk of the first row before climbing onto the platform. She pats her old man on the shoulder before positioning herself beside him. Watching the files being passed around and whispers of disbelief arise from the class. Smiling, she takes off her shades and smiles at the squad.

She heard soft cursing in front, and glancing there, she saw Hangman winking at his shocked expression. She looked over at the class. Her heart skipped a beat when she came into contact with brown eyes, Bradley. He was staring wide-eyed at her, shocked to she present in the detachment or to be a part of the Navy. Briefly holding his stare, she turns away before greeting the entire squad.  

"Greetings, Aviators."

"Aviators, Your Cheif Aircraft Maintenance Engineer for this detachment. Poppy Mitchell." Cyclone sighs as he introduces her to the class. A headache seems to form as he starts rubbing between his brows.

"Mitchell?" The pilot, Fanboy, seated in front, questions.

"My old man." She nods in her dad's direction, sharing a brief look.

"Today, you are not going to be using your regular F-18s. You will be testing out the F-19s," She continues. Watching the squad fidget a bit in their seats out of nervousness, excitement, or concern. She wasn't sure.