𝟏𝟖. when i'm gone.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
when i'm gone

        IT'S BEEN A FULL WEEK SINCE THE EVENTS OF THE SHOOTING AND LOLA STILL ISN'T TALKING TO LUCAS

IT'S BEEN A FULL WEEK SINCE THE EVENTS OF THE SHOOTING AND LOLA STILL ISN'T TALKING TO LUCAS. He surprisingly hasn't taken time out of his day to apologize, like she originally thought, which meant their friendship is still over. She timed whenever he took off for school in the mornings and once the boy left, she'd be not too far, not wanting to risk a run-in. Nathan thought it was completely insane how stubborn the two were, but he'd always be on his girlfriend's side. After all, she's in the right.

Brooke had the same thoughts on the matter. At first, she understood Lola wanting to not be around Lucas, but now it's taking a toll on their friend group. And usually when that happens, the school president likes to take things into her own hands, so she makes a plan. Force them into a room together, thus making them forgive one another. It's that easy. Or, so she thought.

The brunette stared at her friend and boyfriend, nerves bubbling into the pit of her stomach as she noticed their facial expressions. "Guys, c'mon. You can't keep giving each other the silent treatment, it's weighing your friends down. You're the parents and we're the children, stuck in the middle. It's exhausting."

Brooke had planned a trip to some random cabin with their friends, along with Andre, so they could have some fun together. Once Lola and Lucas saw one another, they immediately both put their guards up and made sure to always be in separate rooms. And Brooke finally got tired of it and shoved the two into a bedroom, where the three currently stood.

"You already know where I stand on this, B. He needs to apologize first." Lola stated, not looking away from the blonde boy's eyes that sat across from her.

"And you know where I stand, too. I'm not going to apologize until she breaks up with my brother, so he can be with Haley again. His wife."

Lola blinked, "What? Are you fucking stupid, Luke? I'm not going to break up with Nathan just because you're upset over him and his ex. They're divorced, it's over. Period."