Chapter 2

A/N: hello, everyone. There were certain names that you don't really need to remember here. They're basically not part of any important events. Such as the names of the ones in the collab project team of EP and Lion.

Chapter 2

"What do you think of her works?" Franco pointed the sketches that Lilac made out of a three minute time.

She hurriedly tried to create a new one, but it was as if she was born with a hand of God, her works was less messier than the actual sketches of a designer's draft work.

Melanie, his assistant, nod her head with amusement sparkling on her round eyes. Although she was just looking, her eyes were clapping with praises. "She was indeed good. As expected from Eminem Fashion Institute's number one student." She said, praising Lilac in a low voice.

Franco turn his head to her with a burrowed brows, his eyes squinted, and those curious eyes looked somehow domineering. "Mnn? Really? She's EFI's best student? Why do I don't know about that?"

"Boss, you studied abroad. But she stayed here. By the time you came back, her greatness was covered by another person's, and she was already in Paris to complete her degree." Melanie explained little by little, and then kept on shuffling the sketches that were done within two hours. As her eyes kept on seeing more, her brows relaxes and her smile kept on growing. "She's smart, knowing that Christmas was sometimes cold, and sometimes hot, she really created a pair that is cool and is paired with a long coat."

She stopped shuffling on a sketch that shows the description she stated. And then, she added, "It gives off the retro style of polka dot trend. It can even be used as a new year's outfit. Right, Sir?"

When she looked to her right, where Franco is sitting, he was already busy on fiddling on his phone. Just as a phone call flash on his screen, the only door on the room opened, and Lilac came back from the rest room.

Then, Franco stand up and told Melanie a few things before he left, answering the phone call.

Melanie was the one in charge of the meeting now. It was only twenty minutes left before the meeting ends, so it doesn't really matter if Franco leave now, Melanie will just fill in some things and wrap up the meeting.

Seeing that Franco was gone, Lilac look at Melanie, who introduced himself as Franco's secretary. "Where did your boss go?"

Melanie smiled sincerely, she lowered her head for a minute and arranged the papers. She selected three sketches, and then look up to Lilac, "Boss said that he wants to see the cleaner version. If he likes it, we will both improve it together on the next meeting." She handed the three sketches and started explaining. "Forgive our boss for his... Uh... Unprofessionalism. He has an emergency at home. He needs to hurry."

Lilac's brows shot up. "He has no one else to manage it for him? What? Did he get a useless wife?" Coming from the restroom, her mood seems to have dropped to a poor level. She doesn't look pleased, not even one bit.

As the people in the room heard her words, they suddenly stop, as if they were struck by lightning. Then, they look at her with a glare. She was really hasty, and her words are sharp enough to offend these people, but Melanie awkwardly chuckled.

She treated things this way ever since before. Five years, it has been five years ever since it happened. "No, his wife died. He has no one to handle things for him, but if you have a recommendation of woman, you can tell me so I can set him up on a blind date. That way, he can easily be in a relationship again." She said in a joking manner.

Lilac's frown suddenly stiffened. "Died? His wife died?" Her voice cracked after a short realization. When Melanie nod her head, Lilac was still stiffened.