Chapter 34

Chapter 34

"Lilac, what should I do?" Dylan wrapped her on his embrace. The warmth of the sun, the coldness of the sea. He couldn't be bothered by anything, except his own beating heart.

"Tell me how you feel."

Dylan raised his hand and combed her long hair. "Do you remember the first time that I met you?"

"That day inside Lion?"

Dylan chuckled and said, "No. When you and I coincidentally sat beside each other on the roller coaster." He sighed and looked at the sky slowly darkening. "That day, I saw you frustratingly firing a gun on balloons, I felt like you're kind of cute. Like a frustrated cat."

"Like a what?" Lilac looked up at him. Dylan looked back and kissed the top of her nose, but she still rolled her eyes.

"I saw how you were impatient because you can't buy the bear you want, so I played it for you." Dylan let go of Lilac, he wrapped an arm around her waist, while his other hand caressed her cheeks.

"When I first saw you drinking, and the night I heard you whispered Timothy's name, I was drawn in. I'm confused why you would fall that deep, just what heppened to the tow of you, that even his words of closure wasn't enough." He smiled sweetly and leaned closer.

"I'm drawn closed by curiousity, added by the awe for your determination towards fashion, bringing back the spark that I lost." He closed his eyes as the tip of their nose touched. "You liked us, you love Lion, you love Timothy..."

"But even if you do, you learned slowly how to separate yourself from those things. You learned to let go of Forever, you had the courage to leave Lion, you moved past loving Timothy. You learned to put everything behind and take a new leap."

His lips landed on her forehead again. "You struggled for a long time, before finally having the peace that you have right now." Dylan looked at Lilac intently, she looked like she was about to cry.

Seeing this, Dylan chuckled. "You're the most beautiful design. You're the brightest star in the universe. You're the best leaver. The most exquisite dress in the fashion industry." He lowered his head, and leaned to her.

Lilac closed her eyes when their lips met, it was a soft and a momentary kiss. "Lilac, you're the touch of colour in my own dull world for me. The reason for my dreams. The real source of my hope."

"I'm sorry for letting you confess before me."

Just like how speechless Dylan earlier, is just how speechless Lilac is right now. She just stood after him, looking at him like she would never try to look away, she looked at him, and stare at the very details of his face.

Dylan silently held Lilac's hand, and opened her palm. He returned the same warm gaze to her, one of his hand is holding her wrist, while the other is writing.

He wrote, 'will you be...'

'...my girlfriend...?'

His hands stroke slowly, and for every stroke of the tip of his finger, Lilac's fingers would tremble. His touch send her tickles.

She felt the words, she understood the question. But...

"Why don't you say it?"

Night slowly arrived, and the last ray of sunshine faded in the horizon, Dylan opened his mouth and asked her, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Silence stretched far and wide, the salty wind was cold, the waves crashing on the shore became like a background music.

The silence didn't froze anyone who will see this. Instead, anyone will think that it's some kind of drama that needs a good background music.