ᵒⁿᵉ

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵒⁿᵉ

"It's like every time you turn on the TV or, I don't know, go out somewhere and it's like "Oh my God this cake is so delicious!" and like a reward or something but then you change the channel and they're advertising diet pills where the fat girl w...

"It's like every time you turn on the TV or, I don't know, go out somewhere and it's like "Oh my God this cake is so delicious!" and like a reward or something but then you change the channel and they're advertising diet pills where the fat girl who hates herself turns into the skinny girl that everyone loves. What are we supposed to think?" Says Amelia, a blonde girl in Spencer Swans current support group.

"Ah, yes, the world is so unfair, society is to blame for me not being able to eat, I have to die. Why sit here and blame everyone else? It's not like everyone in the world snatched the cake from your hands or shoved their fingers down your throat. Live with it." Amelia's eyes widen and she scoffs as Spencer crosses her arms and sits back in the uncomfortable plastic chair.

Mrs. Wilson, the group leader, just can't allow her behavior to continue. "Well Spencer, everyone here is entitled to their opinion but perhaps we could express ours without invalidating Amelia's feelings. How about we try again?"

With a tight lipped smile the girl holds up her arts and crafts project for the rest to see. A beautiful sign with a white background that reads, 'Suck My Skinny Balls'.

Reactions are mixed, some girls laugh while others gasp and Mrs. Wilson is utterly appalled. "Meet me outside Ms Swan."

While dragging her suitcases down the clean hall her steps are light but far from elegant. She passes a window, smiling bitterly at her reflection. It's all knees and elbows, pale skin pulled tight against protruding bones. Renée won't be happy with her. But honestly when is she? Spencer has lost again, which means she's winning.

Sitting in the cab on her way home she watches as the trees and buildings race by. If only she could run that fast. If she were weightless she just might be able to.

It's practically steaming outside yet Spencer is still cold. Shocker. She's always cold now.

Arriving at Renée and Phil's house she rings the door bell and waits two minutes for her step dad to answer.

Phil's eyes widen at the sight of his eldest step daughter. "Oh my God look at you. Your mother's gonna kill you." He let's out a sigh. "You flatter me Phil." She chuckles. "I'm serious Spence." But now he's laughing too.

"Your mom turned your room into a new craft room, sorry kiddo. She said to take the room in the garage." He walks off with one of the girls two bags. "She's not my mother!" Is hollered after him.

In her room she plays her music loudly. Loud enough to mask the sounds of ragged breaths and grunting as she does an endless amount of sit ups, the ache in her spine only encouraging her to keep going.

A knock at the door makes her freeze, eyes wide. "Dinners in half an hour kid, Bella should be home soon but your mom and I are going out to eat with friends when she gets off work." She knew Renée would avoid her for as long as she could.