Chapter 5: 'Don't let me go...'

At her words, his heart began to palpitate within his skull; eyes were wide as he raised her chin slowly, trying to determine how to actually go about the act of kissing. Believe it or not, the only thing about him that had had its cherry popped was his hand.

So he just lent forward into it and encircled his arms around her waist.

Rose took an intake of breath and was about to speak before he was silenced by her lips, it seemed she was planning to do the work for him. So their lips met in a desperate embrace as tight as their hugs. Their hearts danced furiously to the unheard beat. The only sounds that could be heard, were the smacking of lips in a cavorting fashion.

Breathing in each other's air as they parted, they panted slightly, both shocked and satisfied at the final result of waiting months to meet in person and a mere 24 hours to have the courage to show physical affection for one another. So far, their love was completely platonic, but how would that change? Would it grow lustful and lose the personal feeling, only to be left with physical pleasure?

She looked him in the eye, unsure of how to react at her actions and just noticed how she had been hanging from his neck. Their foreheads close together as they began to shuffle slightly.

She began to clear her throat, the nerves she felt shook her voice like never before, her eyes closed as she whispered in a tone; knowing only he and his heart would hear. Then allowed her head to begin its decent unto his breast.

"Don't let me go..." She whispered in a disconsolate tone, it was as if she were finally chipping the shell she had built so many years ago. Never letting anyone in, so she could never be hurt, but perhaps that wasn't the case. Perhaps she built the walls to see who was worthy of her hearts blessing - seeing who would climb the walls to find the ductile core that longed for protection and love.

Many a thought rushed through her head, many a memory of hurt and insecurity of her past flew before her eyes. However was stopped when she felt something reach round and grasp one of her hands. Then felt a pair of soft, slightly moist however undeniably chapped lips touch upon her bony knuckles.

"Dry your eyes..." He then began to move a hand from her waist to brush through her hair with bitten nails.

"I will never leave you..."

He wasn't perfect. He wasn't the Gatsby she dreamed of having as her lover yet. For now though... he'd do.

"Look at you... A mess..." She said as his now moisture less hair had become slightly tangled and perhaps a tiny bit frizzy and curly. In short. It looked grotesque.

She withdrew a pair of straighteners from a place inside her spacious room and plugged them into a socket by the bed. She then placed them on a nightstand to warm up and we just stared into each other's eyes. Happy to be here with one another. Happy to have finally closed the distance. Happy to finally be here intertwined by hands and hearts.

A panting in the corner finally interrupted their lock on each other - similar to stargazing - they left each other's eyes to look at the origin of the noise to find Murphy rooted before them while wagging his tail eagerly. As if he knew what was happening.

"Hey... we should straighten Murphy's hair..." Rose spoke to Hannah in a low, but almost enthusiastic tone that stopped Murphy's panting in a heartbeat. Instead just leaving his tongue hanging out as he tilted his head.

His train of thought was interrupted as a blade of heat began to trace along the surface of his soft skin.

His hair was encased in between the irons that began to rectify the curls out of his hair one bit at a time, layer by layer.

Eventually, when it was all done. She took a step back and stared at him, eventually deciding she was satisfied; she turned off the straighteners and picked up a can of hairspray and began to apply the glue-like spores generously to his much longer locks.

Eventually, when she was finally done, she stood a step back and gave him the once over. Deciding it looked fairly (and surprisingly) good. She had moved his fringe out of the way to see his eyes, yet retained its original thickness. Now bringing out his ocean blue eyes, holding and hint of grey in them which neglected and hid the usually noticeable bags under his eyes. His hair now cascaded downwards to a point that it nearly reached his shoulders, remaining slightly free in the wind yet remained it's now elegant posture instead of the generic scruffy one he usually had.

He looked stunning in her eyes, it was surprising that the ticker in her chest hadn't given way. He was now a pillar of what she looked for in a man:

'Look good, have nice hair and smell nice' (even if she couldn't actually smell)

Rose looked at the ground sheepishly and dared to glance at Murphy, who was now at his feet, licking his hand earnestly.

"H-How do I look...?" He asked her with genuine concern for his appearance. Unbeknownst to how she felt until she informed him. "You..." She began in attacked shaky tone, trying not to end up needing a new pair of underwear at the gorgeous sight that blessed her eyes. "You look ravishing."

She then kissed his lips again, falling into the place she knew safety always reigned safely. His arms.