Chapter 10: Dashing As She Made Him

An hour had passed since the gruesome happenings of the early morning. Birds sang their hymns, the summer breeze rolled by with unmatched elegancy. A beautiful scene that left scorn on the mind of one dark individual and allowed an easing breath and relief for a more optimistic character.

Like Ying and Yang. One could not be without the other. Fragmentation of one inverse lay dormant and sleeping at their very hearts and inside the walls of their beating cores. Awaiting what could be both a joyous event and catastrophic disaster.

The two had been stationary on the floor for the past hour; eyes locked on the repulsive and almost surreal world around them. A hint of gore and a spoonful of terror and it had transformed the living space into an inner sanctum dedicated to showcasing inner demons that some people had. Rose was one such person.

That reign of stillness was to come to an end as the beauty stirred first, stroking the hair of the demented and whispering only the kind words of her heart into his ears. "Let's go... I had something planned for you today." However she made no effort to follow with actions - eyes falling to the boy yet again as he seemed lost in dreams - this alone she forgave and cast away any suspicion of ignorance with a soft, warming smile which she allowed to grace her features with a sense of deep rapture.

Gently she shook him and with equal precaution spoke her reason with undeniable obduracy. "You need to get up... I need you to get up and help me clean this kitchen. Let's just say you owe me, sweetheart. You owe me for what I did for you today. Aye I did it because I care; yes I care for you like a brother and I'll do it again for you... but let's just say this is how you can make it up to me." Closing in the distance, she kissed his forehead and finalized her demands.

Rose's eyes fluttered open an invasion of his dreamscape made; an interruption to the start of a nightmare. An intervention to what could have been another illusion filled hell. He heard her demands, he listened and despite his grogginess he agreed to repay the loans of kindness in a nod - a single thought crossed his mind as he thought about something he most likely had asked himself as a toddler... How do I get up?

It was almost foolhardy to think about however it was a struggle to even move his head to nod, so it was beyond him how he could possibly get up and meet his agreement, perhaps she'd somehow attain mind powers and see the situation. Maybe she'd worry too much and drag him to his feet. It was as if all movement had become impossible and his body was made out of stone. His joints welded in place which kept him from movements. Did he lose that much blood? Was this just temporary? The thoughts and worries of all this just rushed his mind all at once, barging in and leaving no room for any other sensible notion. He began to breathe at excessive rates, eyes twitching frantically in the light. As something came in from the corners of his eye. Like a shadow from the perimeter of the room and transcended from surface to surface leaving behind the gooey tar-like substance which rigged like maggots. Still. He did not stare directly - but stared at the walls ahead as a deer would in headlights.

It descended onto the floor beside him and slithered its way outside and into the known and charted area of the home yet the beloved beside him said nothing as the images besieged him with terror. It went unnoticed by her and as such no eyelid was to be batted this day.

As the shadow wondered the halls of the home, disappearing and leaving no trace it even existed, feeling and movement returned to the boy and all four of his limbs. He - shaken and fully aware - took her hand solicitously and kissed her knuckles in earnest and lay them against his cheek with an adamant desire. Cold skin, it's what he felt and it's all he wanted to because it was her skin. Her body heat was but another reminder that the world was real, the horrors were not, and it served as a cool remembrance of which he was not too far gone. Not yet.

Rose sat up and gazed directly ahead, eyes still on the door. He still needed a change of clothes, he looked down at his own clothes and sighed before trying to wipe the residue of crimson flakes of blood from him; giving a groan of protest when he found himself unsuccessful, arms found their way under his like chains and crossing over themselves around the barrel of his torso unceremoniously. Strengthening the grip and pulling him against their owner. His heart began pounding against the cage of his chest like wild animals whilst he felt a hot breath caress the outer lobe of his ear in fortitude, like a warm mist that clouded his mind. He heard her concern as it reached out and confronted his troubled mind; tackling his soul and forcing endearment to nest itself into his mind that could be defined as kind susurration sealed with a kiss. "You can tell me when you see things... you can tell me when you're afraid and you don't have to hide it from me; knowing what you've hidden away - it's tougher than I can imagine - I understand. I... can try to help you... but I'll need you to tell me when you see things and tell me what you see... what you dream."

Briefly cupped her remaining hand atop of the one belonged to the haunted child. The way he seemingly jumped at the touch as slow and carefully placed as it was. Eyes darting back and forth, a battle of dominance for his gaze between her face, her hands and the horrid room around the two.

It took Rose a while however eventually his composition came back to him and like a rose. His composure had come back with the brilliance of a thousand twinkling starts in the canvas of the night sky. A simple shake of his head and twitch of his pale neck; his eyes shone with the frantic contrast of the scene around them. Like a fire in the darkest abyssal depths of the blackest pits. He lifted when he allowed himself to settle like a meadow of unsullied dandelions. He licked his lips slightly before questioning her. "Where do you want to eat?" Rose inquired, her statement going almost unnoticed by him if not for his long pause.

Casually, he crawled to her side; slipped arms around her back and under her legs and with nominal effort, gave a small heave before lifting her up, disregarding their dreary surroundings and adopting a far more effervescent attitude.

"Actually, sweetheart I need you to do something for me," Rose began his requisition with passive equanimity. Eyes dragging themselves up and down the girl who had abruptly scrambled to secure her arms around his neck. Tracing areas of blood and then with swift repositioning looked around the room. "Give me your clothes, and you go change into something not so bloody, I'll wash them out and clean the kitchen." I need you to go into my hotel room and fetch me a clean set of clothing of your choice. It'll also give you some time to decide where we dine. Deal?"

She locked her sights on him, gawking at him with grim distrust. It was aberrant to say the least. So she fixed her gaze to a stern mask, pulled his head closer with her tightening grip and placed her forehead to his own. "How can I trust you to be alone after... this?" She asked, "How do I know you won't do it again when I leave?" She continued on, pressing for information she knew she could not trust entirely. Letting out an awkward cachinnate before sighing and finalizing and dashing any opportune moments where he could hurt himself. "I can't trus-" Rose cut her off in moments with his hand; quickly neglecting her decision with his own. "I promise... okay? I promise I won't do anything stupid."

The smaller of the two took an inward sigh of relief before the wrapped a hand threateningly around Rose's throat. "Aye... but if you go back on that promise I swear I'll knock the clean shit out of you." Her grip continued to tighten with every passing second as a harness would. Hugging his gullet until red patches appeared and her nails dug in. Gradually, her grip relaxed and she let it fail limp to her side, her voice barely that of a whisper or husky murmur; head falling against his beating chest. "Give me a minute... and I'll go."

Thump was all she heard, thumps in pairs of two. A series of beats one by one in a simple, natural lullaby.

Thump thump... The same noise, over and over and with every beat of his pounding core it allowed her to think straight. A beating that lead her into a tranquil and euphoric state. It drove her into somber and swept her into a rapturous placid embrace.

Paradisiacal.

It was like his blood was running through her body. Like his heart was in her head and then she pressed herself against him. The two beating hearts became one and the beats of both met somewhere in the middle. Pounding in perfect synchronization, dancing internally with one and other. She had to leave. She knew she did, with one final look, one more kiss.

Then she went to fetch his attire, with her choice. He would look as dashing as she made him - because he was her's and nobody would change that.

M#y��M�