ARC 1.1

ARC 1.1 - "Love Is A Lie"
Chapter 1: The Promiscuous Film Emperor
━━━ • ✙ • ━━━

A man was sitting on an office chair, hands on the table as he was looking through the papers one by one. His eyebrows were furrowed, and he had faint eyebags while he wore a mask that concealed the lower half of his face. The subtle shuffling of papers could be heard in the near empty office room.

While shuffling through the papers, he filtered the good ones from bad and read the conditions of each one. He seperated two from the rest then neatly arranged it from better to worst in alphabetical order and put it aside excluding the two in hand. With an old model phone in hand, he was about to dial his assistant to send over the document but froze when he saw the message for a leave of absence sent over last night.

Mo Shen: "..." Nevermind, I'll just send it over personally.

He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose before putting back the phone in his pocket and tucking the papers in a secure folder and carrying it in hand. He stood up from his seat, slid the chair under the table and went out with his stuff bulging out of his pockets. His hair was messy, uncombed, looking quite disheveled and because of his movement caused a few strands of his dyed black hair to stray to his face which he later pulled back behind his ear.

Eyes flitting through the room, he searched for a mirror and viewed his reflection. Seeing the unkempt man who was wearing a mask with dark bags under his eyes, his lips pursed. He reached out his hand up to his head and combed back the hair using his own fingers.

As he did so, he also straightened out the slight creases in his suit and wore black sunglasses on before going out.

>>>

Outside, he got inside his car and started the engine, heading towards district A where he would meet his boss.

His black car drove over the city roads, passing by several buildings and other vehicles as he observed how peaceful the city was compared to where he came from. Feeling over the environment that was full of vitality and noise made him realize how different it was from the gloomy and silent life he led in the past. Once he reached his destination, he couldnt help but have some hesitation before finally exiting his car.

He arrived at an unfamiliar place, and in front of him is an absurdly fancy mansion he couldn't even dream to own by the currently meager pay he has. He took off his glasses, rubbed his eyes in fatigue before putting back his glasses on after rapidly blinking a few more times. The gate in front opened, and a security guard appeared who guided him till he reached inside in front of a door then going back to their post once it was done.

He was a point envious of his boss's wealth now that he had lost all capital after he betrayed the association when he witnessed the deeds they hid in the dark. Which led him to be doubted, framed, then chased all over the country before he fled into this place at the cost of losing everything- including his former identity. But he couldn't care less, it was the past, just nothing but a simple unimportant memory not meant to be dwelled upon.

Soon enough, the door opened, making him snap out of his thoughts and bringing him back to the present. With a bitter smile concealed by the mask he wore, he stepped inside to meet a man who only had a bathrobe on casually sitting on a bed together with a sleeping woman with traces of ambiguity decorating her neck down. He instantly noticed that this woman seems to be the new star who recently started her debut with a decent amount of followers but more so of black fans.

He pursed his lips, his former good impression of the so called film emperor boss of his going down the drain. He hadn't thought that such man who looked decent and restrained would actually be debauched and lustful in reality. But what did he even expect? It was the entertainment circle, unspoken rules like these were natural and commonplace-