ARC 1.2

ARC #1 - "Love Is A Lie"
Chapter 2 : Mirrors of Oneself
━━━ • ✙ • ━━━

'Who Am I?' You ask?

Simple, I'm Me.

Not We or whatever you all even presume us to be.

So...

Why are you the ones who're awake and not ME?

~ᛊᛃᛖᚾ᛫ᚢᚢᚨᚾ~

---
× ??? POV ×
---

The sun was shining, bearing down its warm heat upon the city below and ridding it of the cold chill from the night before. In an apartment block not far from the company he works at, Zach was laying in bed. His deep blue eyes stared blankly at the ceiling as he had just woken up from the unwanted clamouring of his next-door neighbour.

Due to this, he reluctantly got up from the comfort of his bed while uttering foreign curses as he prepped himself up for work. Zach Ingram is his name, he works at a financial company called  Midas.Co  as the CEO's bodyguard. Despite being dipsht poor with debts amounting to nearly a hundred dollars and an unknown mental illness to top it all off- he still managed to snag the position because of his skill.

That's right- skill, not just luck..... probably

Since he didn't bring a single penny with him, all he did was walk until he finally reached the company's doorstep. He was long familiar with the other personnel and was thus allowed inside even though he forgot to bring his ID. The gaps- the blanks- and the questions he had were too many, but the problem is that he doesn't even have an answer to a single problem that's been bothering him since ages ago.

All he knew was that he had forgotten some things extremely important and he didn't like it one bit. One day, he just found himself with a mountain of debts and an empty pocket not knowing who he was before reading a small notebook that seems as if to have listed his life from before he had lost his memory. Though, he felt that his illness was not just a simple memory loss and is something else entirely.

Because if it was-

How come he would find himself awake in a place entirely different from where he was before? Soon, when the elevator's door opened, he snapped off his thoughts and headed inside while keeping a noticeably insignificant presence as he stood behind the Chief Executive's seat. Although he barely even had a wink of sleep after being busy yesterday night shooting down commissioned hitmen out to get his boss's head, he was still able to stand his ground and not collapse until the end of the meeting.

Since it currently wasn't his shift to guard the CEO for a full 24/7 time like yesterday, he dared to somewhat relax himself a bit. He hasn't eaten breakfast for quite a while now and felt hungry- too bad he used most of his pay to purchase live ammunition and pay his debts. Not to mention, he forgot his wallet and ID back at his apartment.

So, to speak, all he had in his pocket is a gun and some bullets.

Ah- such a wonderful life.

Hours passed like a moment's mirage, constantly changing and fooling your mind akin to a tricky illusion of yesterday's time.

The night quickly came and Zach arrived back at his room in a deadbeat state, immediately diving onto the couch without even kicking his shoes off the moment he closed the door. As the darkness of exhaustion caught up to him, he wondered about just who else could've lived a life like his. At the end of his thoughts, a fleeting forgotten memory passed by like a flash, but before he could catch a glimpse, he'd already sunk deep into sleep.