CHAPTER 2

"Help!!!"
I was startled by his sudden scream.

"No one can hear you", I said.

"Can you just shut up? I already feel sick breathing the same air as you", he said

I sighed.
We barely know ourselves.
What wrong did I ever do to him? I only stepped on his shoes by accident when I was walking into the canteen on campus, that was my first day as a freshman and I was really nervous.

Why would he still hold that against me till now? I'm the one who is supposed to be angry because he always made fun of me in public, making students to point a finger at me and laugh or cause a mishap so that the pictures or videos would go round campus.

I'm the one who is supposed to show more hatred and not him. Even though I hated him, it couldn't be compared to his.

"Fuck", he cussed
I wanted to ask but that would only worsen the whole atmosphere so I was mute.

"Do you have a charger?", he asked
I shook my head.

"So you're just useless to me in here", he said and I nodded.

He gave up on banging the door and screaming, he kept staring at his phone till he decided to sit.

The lights finally went out and we were left in the dark. I turned the flashlight of my phone on and opened the emergency window that was close to my reach.

No one was talking, the only sound we could hear was silence... absolute silence.

After listening to silence for minutes, he replaced the sound of silence with his deep voice echoing.

"How long do we have to wait?", he asked.

I looked at him, seeking for permission to speak.

He arched an eyebrow before realizing that I was actually obeying him.

He smiled.

"You may speak", he said.

"We would leave tomorrow", I replied his question.

"Tomorrow", he repeated.

That awkward silence came back. I didn't want it to last because it would make this situation more weird.

"Why are you here?", I asked, trying to create a little conversation, not because I care.

"It's none of your business", he answered.

That little conversation I tried to create failed, now we would just sit in silence again.

"Why are you here?", he asked.

Or not.

I contemplated whether or not to tell him, maybe I should just give him the same reply he gave me.

"I came to see my dad", I said.
Damn it! That wasn't what I wanted to say, why did that blurt out?

"I see, he works here?", he asked again.

Somehow, I really felt like talking to someone, maybe that was why I gave an appropriate answer to his previous question. My parents fights and arguments were affecting me slowly, I barely come home to spend time with them and right now, I didn't care if this guy was my enemy, I needed to cry on someone.

"Yes he does", I answered

"Department?"

"Management"

"That's cool"

Silence....
Again, our voices were seized by silence, this was really making me uncomfortable. I thought we were headed somewhere with the chit chat but here we are again, overwhelmed by silence.

"Is-is that a window?", he asked.

I looked at the small window close to me.
"Yes. It's for situations like this", I replied

"You sound like this isn't your first time being stuck here", he pointed.

I looked down at my finger, I didn't want to remember that day.

"Yes, I got stuck here with my mom", I said, holding my tears back.

"Your mom?", he asked with a raised brow.

"Yes. I came here with my mom two months ago and things didn't go well", I answered.

"What happened?", he asked.
_________

Thank you for reading.
Don't forget to vote and comment.