CHAPTER 3

Was he really interested in hearing me? Or was it because his phone died?

"My mom had a presentation that Wednesday afternoon, she needed someone to listen her to what she had to present, so she went to my dad's office and asked me to be there. I had to rush down from school to this place. I met my mom crying at the hallway, I ran to her to ask her what went wrong but she kept sobbing. I wanted to go into my dad's office to ask instead but I saw him come out with a young girl, he didn't even act like he knew us. I got pissed. I didn't want people to see my mom crying so we took the elevator and got stuck. We were stuck till the next day and my mom missed her presentation and got a demotion at work".

"Mmm, long story, your dad is a pussy", he said.

"I know, I hate him" 

"So we would spend the night here", he said looking at the not so big elevator.

Why did the thought of that bring butterflies to my stomach? Why am I so flustered?

"I guess"

"What time is it?", he asked

I looked at my phone.
"4:17pm", I answered.

"We've been here for hours, why isn't anyone bothered?"

"Well, no one uses the elevator and the maintenance service only operates in the morning"

"This doesn't make any sense"

"Do you have something important to do?", I asked.

"Mind your own business"

"Sorry, I thought we were cool now", I said with an echoing sad voice.

He laughed.
"What made you think that I could ever be cool with someone like you?"

My eyes got teary. Why did I ever think that my enemy could be cool with within few seconds? That was stupid of me.

"I'm sorry"

The elevator was filled with an awkward silence.

After long minutes of fighting with my mind, I made my decision.
I offered him the little snacks I brought along with me but he smacked it out of my hand, making it fall on the floor.

"I don't want your food girl", he said in disgust.

That single action broke my heart. Why was I suddenly being soft on him? I guess hating people wasn't a part of me.

"I thought you might be hungry, there's no way we could get food in here", I spoke.

"We? There isn't we. There's just you and me", he said with a deep voice the made me shiver.

"OK then", I replied, ignoring the effect his voice had on me.

The elevator was filled with silence again, leaving me lost in thoughts.
My mom was going to miss her presentation again just because of one man's mistake. I hated my dad so much, he was still cheating on her, still going on with the divorce despite her love towards his adulterous behavior.

Unknowingly, a tear dropped down my eyes and fell on my cheek. I looked up to the person next to me but his eyes were closed. I suppressed my sniffling, making sure it wasn't heard.

Since his eyes were closed, I took my time to admire him. Yes he was my enemy but he was also a good looking enemy.

He wore a loosed black shirt tucked into black pants with the latest Jordan shoes. His sleeves were rolled up, exposing his strong muscular arms.

On his head was the finest red wine hair I had ever seen, I don't know if it's a dye or his natural hair but it looked beautiful.

He licked his pink lips, that made me salivate.

I stared at his beauty, wondering how someone this cute could possibly be my enemy.

Still staring, he shot his eyes open, staring directly at the door. I was startled by that, I thought he was sleeping but it gave me the opportunity to look at the side of his green eyes. I was only seeing it from the side but it was so beautiful.

"What time is it?", his rough deep voice asked, making me flinch by the sudden question and calling me out of my daydream.

"It's- it's 7:36pm", I answered.
___________

Thank you for reading.
Don't forget to vote and comment.