ʚϊɞ ep 2: karma

¸.• ʚϊɞ • song of the chapter • ʚϊɞ • .¸

"doomsday" by Lizzy McAlpine 

"What are you thinking?"

Chat pulls her away from Su Han. His eyes flit between her eyes, searching for an answer he'll never get. Rain continues pouring down around them.

"Chat, I lost every miraculous! I'm–I'm a teenager!" She watches his eyebrows and lips twitch at the mention of her age. Ladybug continues, "I should not be in possession of it, nor have this much responsibility."

He grips her shoulders. "You will lose all your memories. All of them. Get me?"

"Yes," she says in equal sadness and frustration, "I know! You think I want that?! To lose my memories?"

Ladybug pulls away from her partner and looks back out to the crowd that is still there, still waiting for her next move, her next speech that everything will be okay. For them, it will be. She'll make sure of it.

He's behind her. "I can't let you do this."

"Chat." She sighs. Her shoulders droop.

"I won't. We'll find a way, but for now..."

Ladybug turns back to him. "For now we must get back the miraculous."

Screams. There are screams.

They jerk their attention back to the crowd. It is dispersing at rapid speed. Ladybug can't pin-point what/who they are running from.

"LB," Chat practically breathes her name out. "Look."

She follows his outstretched arm and finger to a figure directly under the Eiffel Tower. They are encased in dark blue with white linings along their body in intricate designs. Bunny ears, long and navy, adorn their head.

"Su Han, this conversation will have to continue later," Ladybug tells him.

Without looking back, she and Chat leap off the roof. They sprint toward the Eiffel Tower, pushing through the crowd that is running at them. She jostles and slams against people's shoulders by accident, grunting.

"Alix," Chat says, his eyebrows furrowing downward.

"ALIX!" Ladybug yells. The akumatized version of her classmate turns around with a slow smirk. "WE CAN WORK WHATEVER IT IS OUT!"

Alix's hair is matted and wet, pressed against her reddening cheeks. She is breathing heavily. Ladybug watches warily as her opponent's hand reaches behind her back. It comes back, clutching something.

Clutching the bunny miraculous.

She has the power to travel through time.

"It's Incantix now. You failed Ladybug. Let me fix it!"

Endless, glowing tears drip from her eyes. They remind Ladybug of Nino's akumatized self: Rocketear. It looks like they're just tears this time, thankfully.

"Wait!" Chat Noir yells.

"Stop!" Ladybug cries at the same time.

Incantix throws her hand out to cast a portal. Ladybug instantly throws her yo-yo to wrap around her opponent's outstretched arm. But she is yanked inside the burrow.

She hasn't been here since with Flairmidable...Felix. And before that...

Chat Noir leaps inside the burrow just as it closes. His mouth drops open as he looks around. "So this is what it's like to be Bunnix."