𝟶𝟹𝟸

╰☆☆☆☆╮

     SWEAT SOAKED THROUGH THEIR CLOTHES as the burning sun beat down on them. The party had been walking uphill for what felt like hours, and they were very exhausted. A sharp pain went up April's feet with every step she took. She let out a small groan as she moved closer to Max.

Being near the redhead brought her comfort; she couldn't quite explain the feeling. Her heart swelled when Max smiled and her rage grew when she saw her hurt. There was an immense feeling of protection April felt towards Max. Even though the girls hadn't even known each other for a year, the brunette would lay down her life if it meant protecting Max.

Chris wiped the sweat from his brow and glanced over at Will who was struggling to carry a bag. He grabbed it for him, even though Will protested. It was a lot more work for Chris, but he didn't like watching the youngest Byers suffer anymore. Even over the smallest of things. He had been through too much.

"Aren't we high enough?" the Royales boy asked, panting. His lungs burned with every inhale. He went to grab his inhaler out of his bag but realized that the zipper was already open. Will held up the inhaler to Chris with a knowing smile. "Thanks."

Chris grabbed the inhaler and took a few puffs before giving it back to Will. He put it back into the small pocket on the backpack before zipping it back up.

Dustin turned his head to look back at him. "Cerebro works best at a hundred meters."

"You know, I'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones," groaned Max. Her arms were sore from carrying a suitcase full of more parts for Cerebro. She would switch occasionally when one arm got tired but both arms eventually became very exhausted.

"Yeah but Suzie's Mormon," explained Dustin. April furrowed her brows, not understanding what he meant.

"Oh, shit. She doesn't have electricity?"

"That's the Amish," corrected Max in a snarky tone. April took a few more steps to catch up with Dustin.

"What's a Mormon?" she asked him with furrowed brows. She still had much to learn about life outside of the lab and wanted to know more.

"Super religious white people. They have electricity and cars and stuff, but," he paused to take a deep breath, "since I'm not Mormon, her parents would never approve." April nodded her head, pretending to understand but was still just as lost as before. He continued, "It's all a bit... Shakespearean."