𝟶𝟷𝟾

╰☆☆☆☆╮

'𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝, 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔'

    THE SWEET SMELL OF FRENCH toast wafted throughout the cabin as Hopper stood in front of the stove, making breakfast for the three of them. In the girls' room, Eleven and April had started preparing for Halloween .

After taking the sheets off of their beds, they had cut small holes in the sheets to make eye holes for their ghost costumes. The two put the sheets on, adjusted the sheets in order to see, and then giggled at the sight of each other.

The two silently crept into the kitchen and snuck up behind Hopper. They didn't make a sound as they stared at his large figure. He turned around slightly and jumped at the sight of the two of them.

"Oh, Jesus!" he shouted before he realized it was the girls. He let out a sigh and turned back to the French toast.

"Ghost," El stated as she stared at their guardian. He glanced between the two with a deadpan expression.

"Yeah, I see that." He took the pan off of the stove and walked over towards the counter where he put their breakfast on their plates.

"It's Halloween," April added in her higher-pitched voice. Hopper didn't even glance over at them as he answered.

"Sure is. But right now, it's breakfast, okay?" he asked as he put the empty pan back on the stove and grabbed his cup of coffee. "Come on, let's eat."

"They wouldn't see us," said April with a frown on her face, even though Hopper couldn't see it.

"Who wouldn't see you?" he asked, taking the plates in his hands and setting them on the table. El grew annoyed at Hopper and glared at him underneath her sheet.

"The bad men," she explained softly. She knew that the smallest of things could anger Hopper, and she hated seeing him in a bad mood. It scared her a lot. Which is why she tended to talk to him in a quieter tone than El did.