Chapter 1: The Boy in the black hood

One day, a woman was levitating over a forest looking at a town in annoyance. This woman had long red hair, as well as a long black dress. One could say that she was very attractive.

"That mortal imbecile! Can anyone on this backwater planet do anything right? I should have known that elven nitwit was too soft-hearted to do it. Oh well, I'll smite her later. A fool like that isn't worth any more of my time." The woman then turns away, floating from the village that she initially wanted to destroy.

"Hmm. I still have to wait a month for that scientist to finish my golems. So what should I do until then? I could go explore the ocean again since I only covered just over the continental shelf. Besides, a large portion of this planet is ocean anyway. There is a big chance that the infinity blade is underwater somewhere. Not only that but down there no one can bother me. I won't have to deal with incompetence like that stupid elf anymor-."

as she contemplates to herself, a strange light appears in the forest underbrush. "Now what could that be? Hmmm, whatever it is, hope it could occupy me for a spell at least.''

She sees a hooded figure in a black cloak with a strange weapon, covered in bandages, attached to their back. She is surprised that she can't identify the face inside the hood.

"that's odd. It's just darkness inside that hood of theirs. And what is that thing that they are carrying? It looks kinda like an ax but... that back part... Hehe, whoever gave them that dysfunctional thing was probably a great swindler I must say." she smirks to herself in amusement but that smirk quickly turns into a gaping maw of amazement when she sees the figure blast off in a black electrical blur. "What in the-!? My, my. This could be interesting after all" she giggles to herself as she flies after them.

Earlier

A black bolt could be seen zipping across a jungle. Bouncing from tree to tree at ludicrous velocities until it travels over a waterfall. This waterfall spilled into a lake that was surrounded on all sides by cliffs with one river leading out of it. In the middle of this body of water lies a little island with a big old tree on it. The bolt rapidly descends onto this island, landing on it with great force. Once it lands the figure can be seen in its place. This figure was an adolescent male. He had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes while wearing a black cloak with an emblem on the back. This emblem had two odd-looking keys crossed together with a thunderbolt over them both all within a metallic grey star, but that was difficult to see thanks to this hammer/ax hybrid weapon being carried on top of the emblem. The young man looked around.

"This looks like a good spot to start labbing you, huh Raven?" He says. In response, this blackbird pops out of his hood and hops onto the sand. It looks at him then starts to open its beak as a woman's voice comes out of it instead of chirps and squawks.

"How many times do I have to tell you it's not called labbing. It's called training y'know."

"yes, I know. But I'm still not going to call it that."

"Why?"

"because I don't need or want to and I know it irritates you." The boy said with a cocky smirk. When he looks back at where the bird was, a woman is there instead.

She had red eyes and long wild black hair with a little cowlick on the top of her head. She wore a red and black kimono-like skirt with a single-edged sword at her waist.

"Of course you do. *sigh.* What am I going to do with you." the woman remarks as the boy walks around the island.