Deaf Piece of Sh*t

"Were you lying to me?" Danni asked.

I immediately held her hand tightly and looked her into her eyes and said "No. I'm- it's- everything I said awhile ago were true. I mean it, Danni."

Then I glanced at my staff and immediately pulled my hand off to scratch my head, saying "I mean it when I said that you can't leave early again for your shift. Do your work properly, will you?!"

"Boss. They're trying to find Nemo. Can you talk to them?" my staff asked again.

"Nemo was uhm- Aha!" I hit my palm with my fist and continued, "There's a rumor I heard that this is his favorite cafe, you see. So maybe they just want to gather info on our customers. He-hehe-hehe."

"Right?" I asked and I pinched my male staff's back. They all know I'm Nemo. I didn't really think that people would come searching for me so I was careless.

"Ye-yeah. Boss was right." he agreed.

"I'll talk to you later, Danni." I said then I tapped her shoulders. She then turned her face to rub her nose on my fingers. Ack. My heart. Stop it.

I stepped outside and I saw my brother with this guy that I don't know.

"Bro, what are you doing here? Come sit. What would you like to drink?"

"Thank you. Give me the usual. The first on your menu. Oh but it seems you changed your menu now." he asked and I quickly called for some of my staff to clear a good table for us.

I'm feeling stiff and nervous.
Tch. Why did my brother suddenly visit? And why is he looking for Nemo?

"This is my friend. He's the owner of a recording and talent agency. He's my client. And he has been looking all over for you, I presume? Right, Nemo?" he says while he pops out this smile. The smile of a veteran money maker.

My brother became a successful business lawyer. I always knew that he'd do well someday.

When I visited them before, he made me feel so- I felt so small.

Being in front of him now, I still do.

"How can I help you, sir?" I asked.

Then this friend of his started handing over an envelope with what seems to be laid terms for his agency.

"Sign with us. And I'll be sure to make you into somebody, Nemo." he says.

Becoming somebody.
I came back here, wanting to be someone.

However...

"I'll think about it first. Thank you for taking time to visit my cafe. Let me know if we can improve on anything." I said and smiled.

"No need to think about it too long, little brother. Why waste time on these small businesses? You won't get rich from these. Why be a small fry when you can become someone bigger? My friend here will surely take care of you." my brother says then he looked around the shop with this mocking look.

I clenched my fist tightly and inhaled.

Then I popped out a generous smile and chuckled, "But I'm not like you, big bro. I'm really just a small fry compared to you."

He laughed as if he felt so flattered then said, "Alright, Neil. Gather courage to be somebody first. Then just call me, okay?"

The two of them stood up. His friend shook my hand and I gestured them out of the door.

From afar, I heard brother tell his friend, "Young Neil. He's really weak-willed. Like a p*ssy. Whatever happened to him abroad with Dad? He used to excel a lot. Tch."